GWTW Forum
December 12, 2018, 02:57 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Issues? Questions?
email gwtwforum@kitekids.net

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Addicted.  (Read 288 times)
PaoloM
Trade Count: (+1)

« on: November 13, 2018, 04:02 PM »

Again.

It all started a long time ago (90?) with a Flexifoil Impulse (delta). But after years of everything from team comps to quads I was out of it. Still flying kites but without much thought. Then I checked the Benson page, then I saw the SuoeFly demo. I had to have that kite. I felt the addiction back, I was smiling.
After selling most of my ďvintageĒ kites...
I got a SuperNova STD and UL, a Superfy STD and UL, and I just ordered a Fulcrum (mono) with the UL frame.

Never bought or sold so many kites in two weeks or...ever.   Grin

SuperNova STD/UL, SuperFly STD/UL, Nirvana WW, Fulcrum STD / UL, Gemini, MiniGem, (Illusion, Sizzle. Alien)
Desertflier
Trade Count: (+32)

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 05:28 PM »

Just wondering if you could comment a little on flying each of your new Benson kites?  Tongue

All gave some, some gave all- U.S. Army Vet
PaoloM
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 05:45 PM »

Absolutely. Consider that Iím learning all the pitch based stuff, beside the old style flat spins. (Axel and double, 540, half axel, fade, turtle, flicflac, two rolls)

The SuperNova flies with a minimum of 2mph. You have to do the work of course. Iím slowly learning the kite, it likes very small and precise inputs. So far I can do the most perfect.y flat 540 I ever did, decent flic flac, holds the fade really well and I managed to roll and unroll twice from a fade. I can back spin it but I donít have the next manouver in mind yet. Still have to learn the rest. The fun part.

The SN UL Has 2 tuning points mostly for speed or UL fly on the up haul, you can also tune the leech line and slow the kite down a lot.

The SN STD has 4 knots on the uphaul and again the leech line adj. I have two frame sets, and I tried the 5p so far, I have another 7p. Kite feels exactly like the UL but with more momentum of course. First time I have a consistent model instead of different kites. Feels really sturdy.

I donít have a comparison with say a Nirvana or Atelier kite, all my other are old school, Prism or Benson, listening around it seemed to me that hey werenít the easiest kites out there,(SF/SN) but I loved the graphic, know Benson, and saw the videos so I knew the potential was there. Personally I like both a lot. But then I loved the Nirvana, or KristalFX when I tried them...or the SixthSense... all great kites.

Moving onto the SF it feels much more sensitive and reactive of course. But after trying something on the SN I can generally do it again on the SF. It was th one that really got me at first, and I canít imagine how long Iíll be flying both.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 06:36 PM by PaoloM » Logged

SuperNova STD/UL, SuperFly STD/UL, Nirvana WW, Fulcrum STD / UL, Gemini, MiniGem, (Illusion, Sizzle. Alien)
Desertflier
Trade Count: (+32)

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 06:31 PM »

Thanks for that, excellent info  Wink

All gave some, some gave all- U.S. Army Vet
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Support the GWTW Forum

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

FMKS
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Blue Moon
Blue Moon Kites

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at top)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom