GWTW Forum
May 22, 2019, 12:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: With regrets ... the Forum is closing permanently on JUNE 8th
to contact us email: kitekid@gmail.com

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Addicted.  (Read 638 times)
PaoloM
Trade Count: (+3)

« on: November 13, 2018, 04:02 PM »

Again.

It all started a long time ago (90?) with a Flexifoil Impulse (delta). But after years of everything from team comps to quads I was out of it. Still flying kites but without much thought. Then I checked the Benson page, then I saw the SuoeFly demo. I had to have that kite. I felt the addiction back, I was smiling.
After selling most of my ďvintageĒ kites...
I got a SuperNova STD and UL, a Superfy STD and UL, and I just ordered a Fulcrum (mono) with the UL frame.

Never bought or sold so many kites in two weeks or...ever.   Grin

SuperNova STD/UL, SuperFly STD/UL, Nirvana STD/SUL, Fulcrum STD/UL, Gemini, MiniGem, (Illusion, Sizzle. Alien)
Desertflier
Trade Count: (+33)

« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 05:28 PM »

Just wondering if you could comment a little on flying each of your new Benson kites?  Tongue

All gave some, some gave all- U.S. Army Vet
PaoloM
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2018, 05:45 PM »

Absolutely. Consider that Iím learning all the pitch based stuff, beside the old style flat spins. (Axel and double, 540, half axel, fade, turtle, flicflac, two rolls)

The SuperNova flies with a minimum of 2mph. You have to do the work of course. Iím slowly learning the kite, it likes very small and precise inputs. So far I can do the most perfect.y flat 540 I ever did, decent flic flac, holds the fade really well and I managed to roll and unroll twice from a fade. I can back spin it but I donít have the next manouver in mind yet. Still have to learn the rest. The fun part.

The SN UL Has 2 tuning points mostly for speed or UL fly on the up haul, you can also tune the leech line and slow the kite down a lot.

The SN STD has 4 knots on the uphaul and again the leech line adj. I have two frame sets, and I tried the 5p so far, I have another 7p. Kite feels exactly like the UL but with more momentum of course. First time I have a consistent model instead of different kites. Feels really sturdy.

I donít have a comparison with say a Nirvana or Atelier kite, all my other are old school, Prism or Benson, listening around it seemed to me that hey werenít the easiest kites out there,(SF/SN) but I loved the graphic, know Benson, and saw the videos so I knew the potential was there. Personally I like both a lot. But then I loved the Nirvana, or KristalFX when I tried them...or the SixthSense... all great kites.

Moving onto the SF it feels much more sensitive and reactive of course. But after trying something on the SN I can generally do it again on the SF. It was th one that really got me at first, and I canít imagine how long Iíll be flying both.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 06:36 PM by PaoloM » Logged

SuperNova STD/UL, SuperFly STD/UL, Nirvana STD/SUL, Fulcrum STD/UL, Gemini, MiniGem, (Illusion, Sizzle. Alien)
Desertflier
Trade Count: (+33)

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2018, 06:31 PM »

Thanks for that, excellent info  Wink

All gave some, some gave all- U.S. Army Vet
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: