GWTW Forum
March 26, 2019, 12:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Issues? Questions?
email gwtwforum@kitekids.net

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: No Wind Djinn  (Read 442 times)
FranckPG
Trade Count: (0)

« on: December 03, 2018, 08:03 AM »

Couple of DC Misfits showing off their skills on the new Djinn.
Wind conditions? Non existent. But thatís how we roll in the Capital.

https://youtu.be/sNhgZYviLmY
Desertflier
Trade Count: (+33)

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 04:35 PM »

That was cool. 
How does it compare to the Indoor Rev? (Lower wind / Flight behavior).

All gave some, some gave all- U.S. Army Vet
FranckPG
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2018, 03:44 AM »

Desertflier, I am not experienced enough with indoor kites to be able to answer that question. However I will ask the two pilots in the video to get their thoughts on your inquiry. All I can say after just a few minutes on the djinn, it was a bit easier for me to keep the sail loaded in no wind conditions than any of me other kites in similar conditions. Iíll get back to you.
REVflyer
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2018, 03:56 AM »

indoor Rev is very different beast, the down spars are closer together and longer too.  As a "Flailer" I find it an uncomfortable overall design, I prefer a bridle and a more standard sail configuration. You can learn to love it just as Baressi did though!

True indoor conditions necessitate a lighter framing choice, other than what came on Djinn we experimented with on Sunday.  That doesn't mean a guy who is in strong physical condition couldn't make it look effortless.  I, on the other hand, truly want it effortless, that is a dedicated kite called the Ashworth Unfair Advantage for me.  I am not running and I want a glide so long you can go to the bathroom in-between executed movements, (it still won't be on the ground when you come back)

no wind flying will teach you faster, as technique is almost more important than equipment.  Equipment matters, but you can not buy "time on the lines".

You can fiddle with a quad and get 'em to do exactly what you want too, no just fly but responding to your very will.  Experimenting with friends is one of the most rewarding aspects of kite flying to me.  Every kite can be improved, if you're willing to put in the time and funds.  No one kite can do everything, if it's strong on one side it will be weaker on the other.  Want superior flight characteristics in a dead calm?,... What are you will to sacrifice to have it?

my motto?  "Steal the best & dump the rest!"  Make your own style by watching others, practice their best moves, incorporate the best equipment changes, visualize your own interpretations of their graphics, how would YOU make it all better?

We tested the Djinn on Jeffery Burka's (the original up-wind flailer and my 1st coach) preferred settings, on 20 feet of string
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 04:00 AM by REVflyer » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Support the GWTW Forum
Our forum is made possible by the support of the members of our community.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

FMKS
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Blue Moon
Blue Moon Kites