GWTW Forum
December 12, 2018, 03:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Issues? Questions?
email gwtwforum@kitekids.net

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Drone + kite: DJInn Perspective  (Read 526 times)
KiteLife
Trade Count: (+2)

« on: December 03, 2018, 10:30 AM »

https://youtu.be/ea4cHFheSa8

John Barresi
Editor/Publisher
Kitelife Magazine
midibot
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 10:44 AM »

Cool.

Where's the pilot?

Wink

Fly your pants off
inewham
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 11:34 AM »

Outstanding Cool
Normally quads leave me cold (and I've owned a few) but thats the first 4 line video I've watched all the way through and that left me wanting to go fly one.

If only I could fly like that  Roll Eyes

RobB
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2018, 03:48 PM »

WOW ! Awesome new  toys you got there, John. Are you wearing a transponder for the 'follow' ?

jaydub
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2018, 04:19 PM »

Outstanding Cool
Normally quads leave me cold (and I've owned a few) but thats the first 4 line video I've watched all the way through and that left me wanting to go fly one.

If only I could fly like that  Roll Eyes

Kite or flyer?  However good the Djinn is, I suspect JB is better.
inewham
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2018, 12:23 PM »

Oh definitely flyer - JB could tie string to a fridge and fly it better than I can fly a quad

However there are plenty of good quad fliers, but this is the first quad video that has really caught my attention

breezin
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2018, 08:34 AM »

Got 2 quads now and still don't know how to fly them  Embarrassed. Newest one from JBs subscribers contest a B series standard. Still don't know what to think of them. Most videos make me go back to duals pretty quick. Then I watch JB fly and it's oh my time. Riffclown posted a video couple days ago on a new kite he's building. The flying is excellent.Keep telling myself I'm not going to learn the quads on my own. Got a bunch of broken dual parts to remind me it'll be best to wait for some hands on instruction. My quads are really nice and I'd like to keep them in at least fair condition  Roll Eyes.Getting a serious itch though.Tied a string to the neighbors beer fridge this morning. Couldn't fly it worth a damn. Maybe someday.

A free people follow neither politician nor preacher. They are servants. Exalted to leadership their desires no matter how noble lead to poverty, despair and destruction. Benjamin Franklin 1706-1790 Life long kite flyer.
riffclown
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2018, 09:43 AM »

Riffclown posted a video couple days ago on a new kite he's building. The flying is excellent.

Thank You for the kind shout out..

Tied a string to the neighbors beer fridge this morning. Couldn't fly it worth a damn. Maybe someday.

Check your bridles and conditions. It'll fly Smiley
makatakam
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2018, 10:00 AM »

Got 2 quads now and still don't know how to fly them  Embarrassed. Newest one from JBs subscribers contest a B series standard. Still don't know what to think of them. Most videos make me go back to duals pretty quick. Then I watch JB fly and it's oh my time. Riffclown posted a video couple days ago on a new kite he's building. The flying is excellent.Keep telling myself I'm not going to learn the quads on my own. Got a bunch of broken dual parts to remind me it'll be best to wait for some hands on instruction. My quads are really nice and I'd like to keep them in at least fair condition  Roll Eyes.Getting a serious itch though.

Just do it! You're only avoiding a ton of fun that you could be having. Think of how much fun you've already missed by waiting this long.

MARK

"...it's a fair wind blowin' warm, out of the south over my shoulder, guess I'll set a course and go." CSN&Y
oldflyer
Trade Count: (+8)

« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2018, 12:30 PM »

Superb video!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Support the GWTW Forum

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

FMKS
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Blue Moon
Blue Moon Kites

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at top)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom