GWTW Forum
May 27, 2019, 01:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: With regrets ... the Forum is closing permanently on JUNE 8th
to contact us email: kitekid@gmail.com

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nirvana WW  (Read 1713 times)
PaoloM
Trade Count: (+3)

« on: December 28, 2018, 11:30 AM »

I realize now I made a mistake. I thought I ordered the N3WW. But after receiving the kite and comparing pics, checking my original online order itís an older Nirvana WW.
Im slightly pissed off. I must have screwed up when ordering. My bad.

Now who can enlighten me on the differences between the 3 Nirvana series? Specifically WW?

Should I keep it? Would they take it back? What the &%#*. Why they still sell all of them?

Kite was $370 shipped.

SuperNova STD/UL, SuperFly STD/UL, Nirvana STD/SUL, Fulcrum STD/UL, Gemini, MiniGem, (Illusion, Sizzle. Alien)
Frazer
Trade Count: (+28)

« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2018, 01:14 PM »

I realize now I made a mistake. I thought I ordered the N3WW. But after receiving the kite and comparing pics, checking my original online order itís an older Nirvana WW.
Im slightly pissed off. I must have screwed up when ordering. My bad.

Now who can enlighten me on the differences between the 3 Nirvana series? Specifically WW?

Should I keep it? Would they take it back? What the &%#*. Why they still sell all of them?

Kite was $370 shipped.
Why would they take it back ? I sure as hell wouldn't. They are built to order and you ordered it.

As for why they still sell them ... I guess they still sell. Personally I think the original 'Vana has the best layout of all the versions and it was a groundbreaking kite, a competition kite with true freestyle chops.

The first generation WW remains a very capable (and beautiful) kite, you will love it if you give it a chance.

-Frazer
Krijn
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2018, 02:45 PM »

European top pilot Samuel Roger flies the old Nirvana in light winds, and not the NSE or N3E.
And it looks goooood.

Krijn
PaoloM

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2018, 05:59 PM »

Raced the for once fast Bay Area commute to fly the thing, and I got my hour of light. Absolutely love it.

I donít care what version is it, I did feel like a turd this morning looking at my order but whatever. It flies exactly as I expected, and substitute my Ozone as I wanted. And how it does it. I flew very carefully but a slow walk was sufficient in no wind to fly up on 50lbs - 25m.  Dlic flac, 540, exploring the turtle, fade, but it was dark. I was super careful with those 2P. The kite buzzed nicely in the 2 mph gust, love the sound. Very precise too even in close to zero wind.
Anyway, no intention to return it. Love this kite. The yo-yo stoppers were still spinning. Not that I am capable to use them yet more than 2 rolls, but the zip ties are marginal, and I did t overtightto avoid crushing  the 2P under them either, I need to figure out how to keep them in place. How did you do other owner of such French kite? Also, did you re-do the bridle in lighter line?

Less work more fun

SuperNova STD/UL, SuperFly STD/UL, Nirvana STD/SUL, Fulcrum STD/UL, Gemini, MiniGem, (Illusion, Sizzle. Alien)
Frazer
Trade Count: (+28)

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2018, 06:29 PM »

The yo-yo stoppers were still spinning. Not that I am capable to use them yet more than 2 rolls,
Its not going to roll up well ... the UL doesn't you'll probably need to 2 pop it.

Focus rather on on what it does do well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XTuGHHr6nc

I need to be back East to a beach with Randy - it was a privilege to watch him fly.

-Frazer
DD
Trade Count: (+21)

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2018, 07:05 PM »

+1 on what Fraz.
I always liked the first gen layout the most. I miss my set
I flew one awhile back and really didn't look to roll it up and if it even had yoyo stoppers on it.
I'd get get some skybond line 50#50' line and fly in next to nothing
Sweet kite.
Let me know if you wanna sell it Wink Cheesy
« Last Edit: December 28, 2018, 07:14 PM by DD » Logged

Sine Metu!
PaoloM

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2018, 07:33 PM »

+1 to that too.
I still have some kite money left, I might look for an N-UL. I should say. vented, but I donít enjoy such winds much. But why not. Makes sense. (Already have 2 UL) so STD/VT.

Iíll post a wanted sooner or later.

Big Bri pork pie
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2018, 03:40 AM »

Raced the for once fast Bay Area commute to fly the thing, and I got my hour of light. Absolutely love it.

I donít care what version is it, I did feel like a turd this morning looking at my order but whatever. It flies exactly as I expected, and substitute my Ozone as I wanted. And how it does it. I flew very carefully but a slow walk was sufficient in no wind to fly up on 50lbs - 25m.  Dlic flac, 540, exploring the turtle, fade, but it was dark. I was super careful with those 2P. The kite buzzed nicely in the 2 mph gust, love the sound. Very precise too even in close to zero wind.
Anyway, no intention to return it. Love this kite. The yo-yo stoppers were still spinning. Not that I am capable to use them yet more than 2 rolls, but the zip ties are marginal, and I did t overtightto avoid crushing  the 2P under them either, I need to figure out how to keep them in place. How did you do other owner of such French kite? Also, did you re-do the bridle in lighter line?

Less work more fun

Love how its now A THING.Then morphs into LOVE IT.
Merry Christmas

BBPP
PaoloM

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2018, 07:53 PM »

A full day in Nirvana. 1 to 3, then zero for a couple of hours, then 4, and back to 2.6.
Feels so planted and easy to fly. Slow, paced, reactive...fragile. Beautiful.
Had hours and hours of very careful fun. Flies after at least 1.6 steady, walking slowly. Love the sound. 

https://youtu.be/Wsl0XGbVt3E

Bob D
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2018, 05:10 AM »

That's very nice flying! I have a WW but haven't flown much in the past few years due to a lot of life getting in the way. What kind of arm movements do you do to get the kite to pitch? I can axel and maybe fade but I haven't learned to pitch it well to 540 or slot machine.

Bob D.
PaoloM

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2018, 06:04 PM »

Thanks Bob, but you should check YouTube for some really amazing flying.

https://youtu.be/BRwtyCUnypg

https://youtu.be/8XTuGHHr6nc

To pitch going down extend rapidly your arms and sep forward if needed. Then you can pull back you arms quickly and flic flac ?  Pull a 540? Many options.
Going up is the same bu he kite will fall on its back that opens to a different set of options. Pop one line and boh when the kite is pointing at you. Many videos abo this too.

Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+42)

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2018, 11:29 PM »

Why would you think itís fragile? My WW did not strike me as a delicate kite at all. Sure 2PT wonít take the abuse of a heavier stick, but you are flying in light wind. Buy a few spares and just fly the kite. Youíll be surprised how strong those sticks are.

Allen, AKA kitehead
PaoloM

« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2018, 09:15 AM »

Yes I need o get some spares. Not fragile, but the lightest in my bag. Went back flying the SFUL, felt like a standard compared  Cheesy.
Progress too. Did my first JL step with the WW. kite is so slow and easy to learn on. Flips on a whim and holds the wind like a dragonfly.

Bob D
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2018, 10:55 AM »

Agggh! I wish it wasn't 27 degrees here! Now you've piqued my interest in having another go at the WW!

Bob D.
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+42)

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2018, 12:46 PM »

Agggh! I wish it wasn't 27 degrees here! Now you've piqued my interest in having another go at the WW!

Yeah, the WW was nice. My favorite Nirvana for sure, but then I'm not a hard core trick flyer, so most modern French kites leave me cold.

Allen, AKA kitehead
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: