GWTW Forum
January 17, 2019, 02:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Issues? Questions?
email gwtwforum@kitekids.net

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nirvana WW  (Read 898 times)
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+29)

« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2018, 03:57 PM »

There isn't really too much difference in the nirvana versions.  Some bridle changes and I think some frame spec changes but no real major changes other than panel layout IIRC.  Don't be afraid to smack it around a bit, the 2PT sticks are pretty tough. As far as roll ups go, mine really prefered the two pop roll up but one pop is doable.  THe one thing is the 2pt sticks flex pretty good so the smoother your inputs the better the kite responds.  Often when I couldn't get a trick out it was because my inputs were too snappy and the flex of the sticks would kill the momentum and sometimes shake the air off the kite.  It's a pretty common thing with SULs and some ULs.  If you come out to a fun fly I can try my hand at it and see if I can remember how that kite likes to fly.  Been about 5 years since I flew a vana regularly.
PaoloM
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2018, 06:20 PM »

There isn't really too much difference in the nirvana versions.  Some bridle changes and I think some frame spec changes but no real major changes other than panel layout IIRC.  Don't be afraid to smack it around a bit, the 2PT sticks are pretty tough. As far as roll ups go, mine really prefered the two pop roll up but one pop is doable.  THe one thing is the 2pt sticks flex pretty good so the smoother your inputs the better the kite responds.  Often when I couldn't get a trick out it was because my inputs were too snappy and the flex of the sticks would kill the momentum and sometimes shake the air off the kite.  It's a pretty common thing with SULs and some ULs.  If you come out to a fun fly I can try my hand at it and see if I can remember how that kite likes to fly.  Been about 5 years since I flew a vana regularly.

Thanks! I have been reading around about that too. I would think mine has the latest bridle, since they made it after the order, but thanks for the info about the inputs and the 2P. My lightest one before was the Ozone, and I would wack it around confidently after more than a decade flying it. I love how the N flies and responds. I can actually see what Iím doing, got a first JL step (laughed loud). Itís not as light as the Ozone was, but Iím having tons more fun with it. The only things Iím not doing it is ground work and hard untangle. I just walk. Grass is pretty tall and grabby right now in spots. But the kite feels and flies solid. Iím just delicate because itís not even a week old. (But already got intense flying, to the envy of the rest of the bag.) ;-)
I should make it to your field soon, but you should drive this way up too.

This past Sunday I was alone all day there with 4mph top. I flew the hell out of that Nirvana, a bit the SN, the Fulcrum quite a bit, later when it was more around 6 and the SF at the end with 5mph steady. Usually Robin is there too and heís really good. Has an amazing bag of kites.
What do you fly regularly?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 06:26 PM by PaoloM » Logged

SuperNova STD/UL, SuperFly STD/UL, Nirvana STD/SUL, Fulcrum STD/UL, Gemini, MiniGem, (Illusion, Sizzle. Alien)
Ca Ike

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2018, 09:03 PM »

Thanks! I have been reading around about that too. I would think mine has the latest bridle, since they made it after the order, but thanks for the info about the inputs and the 2P. My lightest one before was the Ozone, and I would wack it around confidently after more than a decade flying it. I love how the N flies and responds. I can actually see what Iím doing, got a first JL step (laughed loud). Itís not as light as the Ozone was, but Iím having tons more fun with it. The only things Iím not doing it is ground work and hard untangle. I just walk. Grass is pretty tall and grabby right now in spots. But the kite feels and flies solid. Iím just delicate because itís not even a week old. (But already got intense flying, to the envy of the rest of the bag.) ;-)
I should make it to your field soon, but you should drive this way up too.

This past Sunday I was alone all day there with 4mph top. I flew the hell out of that Nirvana, a bit the SN, the Fulcrum quite a bit, later when it was more around 6 and the SF at the end with 5mph steady. Usually Robin is there too and heís really good. Has an amazing bag of kites.
What do you fly regularly?
My go to kites are Exiles, solus and eclipse with an array of others depending on mood.
DD
Trade Count: (+21)

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2018, 10:26 PM »

Agreed the vana were  kind of a "yank and spank" style but alas it is a sul.  I have a nse that I love in the right wind. The ul could take more "abuse" but wasn't  an "ul" in my assessment but you must take into account where it's from and if it's flown in "lab grade" beach winds. Ymmv

Sine Metu!
Kareloh

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2019, 04:55 AM »

There isn't really too much difference in the nirvana versions.  Some bridle changes and I think some frame spec changes but no real major changes other than panel layout IIRC. 

One of the changes is the position of the lower spreader. The N3E has the LS higher in the kite which makes the backflip deeper and tricks like lifters, multilazies and cyniques more accessible compared to the earlier version. Also taz's are easier on the N3E. Quite a major change IMHO.

But i prefer the balance/feel/style of the 1st edition Nirvana (and the layout too).

« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 04:58 AM by Kareloh » Logged

PaoloM

« Reply #20 on: January 01, 2019, 06:31 PM »

My go to kites are Exiles, solus and eclipse with an array of others depending on mood.

This Exile?
https://youtu.be/4o5syDoyh64

Man so many beautiful kites I donít know of. Like to Solus too,
Iím enjoying the SN and SF UL the most, now the WW, love the SF STD too, while the SN std pulls quite a bit, if you let the leech loose roars like an Harley :-) and slows down a bit.
Love also the Fulcrum. Are you flying those Rev 1.5 ?  Tongue
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 06:34 PM by PaoloM » Logged

SuperNova STD/UL, SuperFly STD/UL, Nirvana STD/SUL, Fulcrum STD/UL, Gemini, MiniGem, (Illusion, Sizzle. Alien)
Ca Ike

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2019, 11:03 PM »

This Exile?
https://youtu.be/4o5syDoyh64

Man so many beautiful kites I donít know of. Like to Solus too,
Iím enjoying the SN and SF UL the most, now the WW, love the SF STD too, while the SN std pulls quite a bit, if you let the leech loose roars like an Harley :-) and slows down a bit.
Love also the Fulcrum. Are you flying those Rev 1.5 ?  Tongue
Yep that would be the kite.  I have 4 or 5 exiles in my bag atm including a moonie.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Support the GWTW Forum
Our forum is made possible by the support of the members of our community.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

FMKS
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Blue Moon
Blue Moon Kites