GWTW Forum
February 21, 2019, 07:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Issues? Questions?
email gwtwforum@kitekids.net

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Long Beach, Cali February trip  (Read 632 times)
thief
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+30)

« on: January 28, 2019, 04:54 AM »

Headed to Long Beach next week for a week long conference. Have to bring a kite (of course)...
I will be walking distance to the convention center -home away from home I guess, and I see Alamitos Beach right there too. Is it okay to fly there?
On g-maps I also see Shoreline Aquatic Park that might work too.
Was thinking about a single line at the least, mebbe if I am up for it a sport kite too.
Going to be on foot, so no long distance options.
Thoughts?

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
Oldgoat
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 07:57 AM »

Boy that's a tough area.  It's very congested around there.  I don't think Shoreline is a very good option.  It's pretty small and quite a ways from the convention center.  Of the two sites you mention I would think Alamitos is the most viable.  Still quite a hike.  I wouldn't even be able to walk across the parking lot Sad  Getting across E Shoreline Drive can be tricky.  As I recall there is a controlled crosswalk there at the entrance to the Shoreline Marina.  I think you can see it on the Google map.  Good luck.
 Smiley
thief
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+30)

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 09:46 AM »

Well the Morpho did fly at that shoreline lighthouse....and that wind was terrible, but still got up and flying....

Then the iFlite came out too:

Would have been neat to go down a little south to Huntington, but no luck with the schedule.....ah well....fun trip, neat place

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Support the GWTW Forum
Our forum is made possible by the support of the members of our community.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

FMKS
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Blue Moon
Blue Moon Kites