GWTW Forum
May 19, 2019, 06:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: With regrets ... the Forum is closing permanently on JUNE 8th
to contact us email: kitekid@gmail.com

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Spirit quad  (Read 1275 times)
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+29)

« on: April 09, 2019, 04:07 PM »

I need some info on the spirit quad.  Looking for the instructions first off.  Also need bridle measurements for the brake line pig tails and connecting line.  Close up pics of that part of the bridle would be great if anyone can take a few.  The used ones I just got donít look like any of the pictures I can find.

midibot
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 01:04 PM »

I don't have the kite or the paperwork, but in case you haven't seen it (lately) there was a review in KiteLife back in 2004 which has some semi-closeup pics of the bridle, if that is of any help.

Somewhere around here I also saw a reference to the factory dimensions and makeup of spars on a version of the Spirit as well.

May not be exactly what you seek, but inching you closer...

Issue 39: Review of Spirit by New Tech

https://kitelife.com/2004/12/01/issue-39-review-of-spirit-by-new-tech/

Fly your pants off
midibot
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2019, 02:25 PM »

[...]
Somewhere around here I also saw a reference to the factory dimensions and makeup of spars on a version of the Spirit as well.
[...]

Ahh, here we go.

Thief has elsewhere pointed to a bunch of files from various manufacturers, and within that selection are those of New Tech showing not only spar dimensions, but bridle dimensions of the Spirit. Canít speak to differences amongst versions, if any, but these may help.

Not sure how to point to the very files, but if you scroll down in the ĎDual Line Kitesí folder the Spirit quad is tagged on in there as well for both spars and bridle dimensions, buried under 'NT Sport kite bridle diagrams' and 'NT sport kites frame specification':

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0Bz8LtJ0px1M9NWFiYTZhNTktOTE5MS00YTIyLWFlM2YtNTNiNGI1NTQxYzk5

« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 05:31 PM by midibot » Logged

Fly your pants off
Ca Ike
Trade Count: (+29)

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2019, 11:00 PM »

THanks Midi.  I picked up two of them and both have different bridle set ups so I'm trying to figure out which is the right set up.  The one in the kite life review is similar to my purple on but not even close to my red one.
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+42)

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2019, 11:37 PM »

Steves hand-built kites varied a lot over the years. All very custom.

The factory ones (NewTech??) we not as nice.

Allen, AKA kitehead
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: