GWTW Forum
April 20, 2019, 02:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: With regrets ... the Forum is closing permanently on JUNE 8th

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
member support is greatly appreciated
Our forum is made possible by the support of the members of our community.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Big Hole in the virtual sky  (Read 882 times)
Oldgoat
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2019, 09:00 AM »

I participate in two online forums. This one and the Kite Builder forum.  When I read that after 18+ years the GWTW forum will be shutting down next month it gives me pause. For me personally this will be a significant loss. I check both this forum and the other one every morning and sometimes during the day. They are fuel for my interest in this hobby/sport. I know of no other sources for what I want or need when it comes to communicating and sharing with a kiting peer group. Certainly not Facebook. Someone said "forums are like a country pub with a library attached. No-one is excluded, any topic can be discussed and a wealth of information is just a quick search away." I think that an apt analogy.  When forums like these are gone I will not know where to look.   Embarrassed Cry
 Sad
Ashbridge

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2019, 09:18 AM »

Sorry to read the news.  I'm only a recent newcomer here (and to the sport) but your forum backlog has been a really good resource.  Cheers
SurfCityVortices

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2019, 07:27 AM »

Thanks for being here. Not easy to find kite enthusiasm amongst my peers in their early 30's. This site has helped me immensely and I am grateful...

Doug S

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2019, 08:30 AM »

Steve,

Thank you for providing this great forum that was brought to my attend by Ron Graziano in 2009.  Your forum has allowed me to share my kite development ideas and obtain valuable feedback from the GWTW family.  Best of luck with your future kiting activities and God Speed my friend.

Yours in kiting,

Doug

"We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public."
Kodama
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2019, 05:09 AM »

Sorry to hear the news. Learned a lot on this forum, made some friends, even got some kites I could not get elsewhere. Going to miss opening it every morning.  Cry
It was a good, fun and a very informative place for us kite flyers. Thanks Steve for making it all happen!!!  Smiley
thekitedude

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2019, 11:46 AM »

Well this going to put a hole in my lunchtime activity. Over at KiteBuilder there was a fundraising campaign that kept it going. Any chance something like that could keep GWTW going?
np

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2019, 03:10 PM »

If, or when the GWTW forum closes, it will be a very sad day for me. When I first got started flying stunt kites, finding the forum was the best thing that could have ever happened for me. It has helped me in so many ways. I know without a shadow of a doubt I would have given up a long time ago had it not been for the forum. Steve KNEW his kites and parts like NOBODY else in the business. He was a walking dictionary for kites and parts. There is NO way a thank you is enough for what all he has contributed to kiting. So Steve, for the “fruits of your labor” and knowledge you and your forum shared with everyone in the kiting World, you deserve to kick back and enjoy a few “COLD ONES” knowing you did one helluva a great job. Norm
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: