GWTW Forum
April 23, 2014, 06:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: San Francisco Family Days Intl Kite Festival  (Read 2053 times)
TGunn
Trade Count: (+2)

« on: June 12, 2009, 04:13 PM »

2009 Family Day Kite Festival Official Invitation

To All Kite Flyers Everywhere,
   This is the official invitation to all kite flyers everywhere, to attend this years "Family Days Kite Festival (FDKF)", to take place in San Francisco, California at beautiful Marina Green, by San Francisco Bay, close to the world renowned "St. Francis Yacht Club".

This event was held several times in the 1970's, and was brought back to life 4 years ago. Each year since the festivals rejuvenation, it has rapidly grown in size, quality, and popularity spectators, and dedicated kite flyers. It is growing to be one of the premier kite festivals in North America. A must do/see event!

The FDKF coordinator/Chairman is Mr.. Ron Young, whom continues to improve upon the festival activities, quality of kites and kite flyers, each and every year, and this year has received word that several international kite flyers may be traveling to attend the FDKF!

If you truly want to experience a great kite festival, in beautiful, picturistic location, please consider making plans to attend the Family days Kite Festival, on September 19-20, 2009.

List below, is the FDKF vital information. Please contact the FDKF Chairman "Ron Young" with any and all questions about the festival, and please feel welcome to share this information with all kite flyers in your regions.

Event Details

Event Name:
FAMILY DAYS KITE FESTIVAL

Date:
09/19/2009 - 09/20/2009

500 Marina Green
San Francisco, CA USA

Activities:
- kite Buggy Demos 
- Kite Art Exhibit
- Fun Fly
- Kids Fly
- Kitemaking Competition
- Kids Kitemaking
- Sport Kite Demonstrations
- Food Vendors
- Kids jump zone play area.

Description:
The Family Day Kite Festival is a free, eco and family friendly event set on San Francisco's panoramic Marina Green -- a well known kite-flying venue with steady breezes, easy access, public transportation, and free parking.

Watch spectacular kites fly high above the Marina Green -- from the acrobatic, exotic, or giant kites of the professionals too, hand-made entries. Giant inflatable kid rides, food and beverage booths.

Comments: Prizes awarded in eight, fun, kite competition categories:

Funniest, Biggest, Smallest, Longest Tail, Most Innovative, Best Ground Display, Most Beautiful, and Best of Show.

Directions:
Five minutes east of the Golden Gate Bridge, next to San Francisco Bay and accessible via San Francisco's municipal bus system.

For additional information contact:

Ron Young - Chairman FDKF
1 Market Street, Spear Tower, 36th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94105
USA
E-mail: info@fdkf.org
Phone: 415-601-3227

Troy Gunn
Family Days Kite Festival - Chief Judge
TKOGunn@webtv.net
940-691-8522

Family Day Kite Festival website:
http://www.fdkf.org

----------------------------------------------       

« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 11:27 PM by mikenchico » Logged

Troy Gunn

Founding member of TKO Sport Kite Team - USA

http://tko.sportkite.team.tripod.com/Troybio.htm
browndude3649
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 07:17 PM »

Count me in!!
Maybe Turkey will come. How bout it Turkey?
Turkey9186
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 10:03 PM »

Need to check my work schedule.  Jayson and a few others from the Prism forum will probably make it.
mikenchico
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 11:25 PM »

Thanks Troy, Looking forward to seeing you again.

We've been to the previous 3 events and seriously it's one of the funnest events I attend. Informal fly what you have contests rather then build them yourself only. Getting to meet many of the Forum members we don't otherwise run into. Community participation and many spectators just passing by who stop and visit for a bit.

And like Troy mentions the view from Marina Green is fantastic, Alcatraz, the Golden Gate Bridge, Coit Tower, Palace of Fine Arts, Transamerica Pyramid, Yacht Club, Fort Mason. Wherever you look.

If you haven't been before mark it on your calendar and try to get by and help fill the sky.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
kiteslinger
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 06:34 PM »

Great event and GREAT PRIZES!!!!!!

I'll be there either Sat or Sun.

Jared
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009, 11:46 AM »

I'm going to be in SF on business the week of the 21st, so I'm going to come out a few days early to attend the festival. 

Can't wait to meet all you west coast folks!
TGunn

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2009, 02:14 PM »

The San Francisco Family Days Kite Festival is coming up Sep 19-20 at Marina Green and will be the biggest event yet in it's history!

Just a sample of who will be attending and flying:

- David & Susan Gomberg (Oregon)
- Scott Skinner (Colorado)
- Jose Sainz (California)
- Ron Gibian (California)
- Dean Jordan (Florida)
- Barry & Karen Ogletree (Texas)
- Catherine Gabrel (Oklahoma)
- Ben D'antonio (California)
- Richard & Jacqueline Mervin (Maryland)
- Jared Haworth (North Carolina)
- Brian Bishop (North Carolina)
- Warren Harris (Texas will be the MC)
- Dave Sabilino (California)
- Brian Champie (California)
- Jim Strealy (California)
- Joan Laurino (California)
- Gordon Osterlund (California - Bay Area Sundowners)
- Mark Baker (California)
- Joe Rose "Browndude" (California)
- Mike Hagen & Rhonda Davidson (California)
- Jim & Alex Swanson (California)
- Troy Gunn (Texas)
- ETC...........

Owner of Anchor Steam Beer and Gourmet Blue Cheese, and founder of the micro brewery industry "Fritz Maytag", will be in attendance!

If you will be attending, even for one day, please sound off here!

Anyone that is interested in performing any kite or buggy demos, or just showcasing your kites, please let me know asap, so that we can complete the demonstration list. E-mail me your name and kiting bio, with a jpg pic, so our MC can use it during your demo/demos.

My e-mail: TKOGunn@webtv.net

See y'all soon!

Go to the FDKF website for more info:  http://www.fdkf.org

- Troy Gunn (FDKF Chief Judge and Kite Flyer Liaison)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 05:21 PM by TGunn » Logged

Troy Gunn

mikenchico
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2009, 08:11 PM »

Mike & Rhonda from Chico, guess you've got us down already. Looking forward to it as always, Shooting for early Saturday morning if ya'  need a hand with anything.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
TGunn

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2009, 08:24 PM »

Mike & Rhonda from Chico, guess you've got us down already. Looking forward to it as always, Shooting for early Saturday morning if ya'  need a hand with anything.

Mike,
  Yes, we could always use your help setting up, etc...

BTW- Fritz Maytag, and Event Chairpersons Ron & Barbara Young will be hosting a Saturday night social gathering with free beer and muchies for dedicated kiters, sponsors, and volunteers, and it will take place at Anchor Brewery that is owned by Fritz Maytag. For those that have contacted me and submitted a kiting bio and/or committed to attending FDKF, you will be sent an e-mail invitation to the Saturday night's social gathering. If any of you plan on attending FDKF, and you you want to join the social gathering (free), contact me asap:  TKOGunn@webtv.net

Include first and last name, hometown/state, your kiting bio, and photo. We will use the kiting bio on the website, and the event MC will use it to make announcments about you and your kites during the festival. 
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 10:17 AM by TGunn » Logged

Troy Gunn

browndude3649
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2009, 07:44 AM »

Hi Troy ! thanks for the invite but i got honeydew lists , so i cant go to the dinner as much as i'd like. I will see you Sunday round noon. NOAA says 3-7mph for Sun. Suprising but hey NOAA has been wrong in the past. Shocked
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography