GWTW Forum
May 19, 2019, 06:21 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: With regrets ... the Forum is closing permanently on JUNE 8th
to contact us email: kitekid@gmail.com

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TOTL North Shore Windrule  (Read 503 times)
Kodama
Trade Count: (+2)

« on: April 16, 2019, 06:47 AM »

Hello there.
Iím a fan of the North Shore Radical and some time ago got the idea of getting some of the other kites in the series for low and high wind days. Bought a North Shore Extreme here in the forum, fun little kite for when the wind picks up and donít want to be dragged down the field. Had a possible opportunity a while back of getting a Windrule, but not anymore. If anybody has one that is not using anymore and is willing to part with it Iíll be grateful. Does not need to be new or pristine, because I intend to fly it a lot! And possibly stack it with a NSR and an Extreme sometime.
I wasnít going to ask now, but seeing that the forum will be closing soon  Sad, thought it may be now or never. Thereís a Facebook page for buying and selling kites, but donít know if it will have the same audience as here on the forum.
Have all a good day!  Smiley
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 08:51 AM by Kodama » Logged
Biggin
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 06:28 PM »

Check with coop'
He had listed on the forum'
ON for sale, Sept. 11, 2018
BUT never flown NOS & Pricey
coop
Trade Count: (+32)

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2019, 06:43 AM »

I no longer have it available.
Kodama

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2019, 04:54 AM »

Hello again!
Looks nobody want to part with their Windrule.  Cry Any idea how many should be out there? I have only seen it in Blank Rainbow color pattern. Anybody know of other color schemes?
Good day!
coop

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2019, 07:40 AM »

Hello again!
Looks nobody want to part with their Windrule.  Cry Any idea how many should be out there? I have only seen it in Blank Rainbow color pattern. Anybody know of other color schemes?
Good day!

There arent many out there, and those of us that have them dont like to part with them. Im actually regretting selling one of mine. There was a guy in France selling one a little while back. He wanted 300 euros for it, plus shipping. On the Facebook group Stunt Kite Classics his name is Michel Rohe.  Ive only seen the rainbow stripes and two that were all grey, I think there was one or two made that were all white as well. And now that I think about it, there were 4(four) custom made for the 1992 World Stunt Kite Championship that were white, red , and grey, I had one.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2019, 07:42 AM by coop » Logged
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+42)

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2019, 11:56 PM »

Hello again!
Looks nobody want to part with their Windrule.  :'( Any idea how many should be out there? I have only seen it in Blank Rainbow color pattern. Anybody know of other color schemes?
Good day!

I had this Windrule for a while. I think it was the one Coop sold. Great kite.

http://www.gwtwforum.com/index.php?topic=12026.0

Iíve seen an all Grey one as well.

« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 12:04 AM by Allen Carter » Logged

Allen, AKA kitehead
coop

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2019, 09:20 AM »

Allen if you ever want to get rid of it, Ill gladly buy it back.  Smiley

Soarin'
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2019, 07:45 AM »

1992 "Flight Squadron" World Cup III Windrule

Shortly after receiving this kite and one other, I sent both sails to Pam & Mike. With heavy hearts, they graciously documented and signed both sails.

Starting in early 2016, I purchased many "historical" kites from Pam Kirk and Mike Dennis. The first of these I asked Mike if they would sign the kites and he said to me...Pam and I never liked to sign kites, we flew for fun and the competition. He did say he would talk to Pam about it and they came to the conclusion that it was more about the kites and the historical significance and inscribing the kites was a form of "documenting" them. Mike frequently talked about "information lost".

This was the "paper" documentation Mike wrote for the Windrule...
"The idea for this kite was conceived by Don Tabor in the summer of 1992. Its purpose is to let the pilot fly in very light wind conditions. Especially during competition when faced with a do or die situation. This was achieved by increasing the size of the tried and true North Shore Radical. A kite with a 10í wingspan was built using custom Advantage tubes and the lightest materials available. After testing two pre-production team sets, four kites each were built. These were for the two factory teams competing in the third World Cup Championships held in Odawara, Japan. One of these sets was for the Flight Squadron. All four of these kites were completely made by Mike Dennis who also made the prototype. This kite is from the Flight Squadron set."

As far as the technical aspects of kiting, learn as much from the most knowledgeable people and take notes, because like this site, nothing lasts forever and we have loss. Thank you Pam & Mike.

Kodama

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2019, 06:56 PM »

Very nice Windrule, Soaring. Thanks for sharing. And thanks for those words. Didnít knew Mike or Pam personally, but some time ago Mike shared some information with me on this forum, and since them we made a friendship, always communicating via email. He told me lots of thinks I didnít know and was very helpful with anything from kite parts, kite history and the occasional story. He was a very kind person, and Iím glad I got to have known him before he and Pam left us.
They will be missed.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: