GWTW Forum
April 19, 2014, 10:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WOW Annual Meeting/Election, Indoor Fun Fly, And Other Announcements  (Read 717 times)
jsking
Trade Count: (0)

« on: November 12, 2009, 11:44 AM »

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, kids of all ages....! Hiya!! I know it's been a little while since I last pushed out announcements, but as the world turns, events keep on coming, so here's the latest:

Our annual meeting is this Saturday in conjunction with the indoor fly. Both will be held at the Bay Area Community Church in Crownsville, Maryland. Bay Area Community Church is at 884 Chesterfield Road, Annapolis, MD. Despite the Annapolis address, it's actually closer to Crownsville, just near the Maryland Renaissance Festival grounds. http://www.bayareacc.org/  Boy howdy! With all the rain we're getting, it'll take days for us to dry out around here; I'd say the indoor venue was a good choice. The event(s) will be from Noon to 6:00 PM. My plan is to get the flying started (as we might have non-members there) and then do the meeting relatively early so people don't have to stick around if they're not so inclined. We'll shoot to start the meeting at 12:30 or 12:45 and get it done by 1:30-ish. This way, if there are members who are not inclined to partake of the indoor flying, they can cast their votes and/or participate in the meeting and depart at their leisure.

Rather than get into the details of the indoor fun fly here, see the previous post below regarding the same, see your email, or get back with me.

Our annual dinner and auction in January will again be held at the Bethesda Presbyterian Church, this year on January 30th. Times and specifics will be forthcoming shortly. We'll be asking everyone for FIRM RSVPs, as it is just too difficult on the organizers to shift on the fly for late comers. On that note, some of our regular organizers for the auction and bag raffle will be taking care of those things again this year, but we are looking for a volunteer to coordinate the catering/dinner service. We're not looking for anything too fancy, so it shouldn't be too hard. If you'd care to volunteer, let me know. Hope everyone will come out and participate!

Additionally, things are firming up for a kite making and kite repair workshop, hopefully on January 23rd; place, time, and additional details still to come.

So here's the "up and coming":

- First Sunday Fly on December 6th
- New Year's Day Foolish Hat Fly on January 1st (Get those silly hats ready!)
- First Sunday Fly on January 3rd
- Treasure Island (FL) Kite Festival (for those who have the moxy to go 1200 miles for a kite festival) on January 17th & 18th.
- (WOW Kite Making and Kite Repair Workshop on January 23rd)
- WOW Annual Dinner and Auction on January 30th

I know that some of these don't match up with what is on the club calendar right this second, but these are the correct dates. I'll be getting the calendar updated PDQ.

Annnnnd, one last note....we haven't uncorked any impromptu flies at Sandy Point yet, but it's that time of year, so it's only a matter of time till a temperate weekend pops up and we go out to have a little fun. Stand ye ready! Notices will be sent!  By the way...impromptu flies aren't the sole purview of the officers or anyone else...if you get the yen to go fly on a nice day, get the word out and see who'll come join you; whether it's at Sandy Point State Park or Colmar Manor or Lake Fairfax Park or etc. An impromptu fly can happen pretty much anywhere, anytime, and be called by anyone.

Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography