GWTW Forum
May 19, 2019, 06:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: With regrets ... the Forum is closing permanently on JUNE 8th
to contact us email: kitekid@gmail.com

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Doug Stout's Bird of Prey 36  (Read 305 times)
Bob D
Trade Count: (+4)

« on: May 13, 2019, 10:00 AM »

Beautiful day in Upstate NY yesterday. Very light wind between 0 and maybe 3 or 4 mph, maybe less. My wife and I went to the park so that I could fly the BoP 36. In light wind, it climbs easily and hangs there. When the wind dies down (which it did a lot), it flew in a nice, flat glide. I enjoy Doug's kites so much, I decided I want to have him make me a Raptor 48F which will have a faster glide and be a step up from the BoP 36 for me.

I'd suggest contacting Doug if you're interested before the forum closes. He's a real craftsman and his glider kites are works of art and impeccably made!

Bob D.
Doug S
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2019, 11:47 AM »

Bob,

Thank you for the kind works.

Doug

"We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public."
sanleonkid
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2019, 08:54 PM »

Photos?
Doug S
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2019, 11:25 AM »

In response to your question, the following provides a few photos.  The following provides a link to the flyer that indicates the glider kites I presently build for others.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Jb7xPX6DKRReXvFuEEkaVWfEmzkllX-2/view?usp=sharing

Development of these swept forward wing glider kites can be observed on the following GWTW Forum Thread, starting with Reply 136:  http://www.gwtwforum.com/index.php?topic=8850.0

Doug

Bird of Prey 36 - Single Panel of Dyneema Composite Fabric (DCF, fka Cuben Fabric) at 0.34 oz./sq.yd.

Bird of Prey 36M (Top), Raptor 36M (Middle) and Viper 36M (Bottom) - Three Panels of DCF at 1.0 (black), 0.51 (blue) and 0.34 (white) oz./sq.yd.

Raptor 48F - 24 Panels of Ripstop Polyester (PC31, aka Icarex) at 1.06 oz./sq.yd., plus the White PC31 1/8 in. wide PC31 Pin Striping around the Gray Simulated Cockpit
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 11:34 AM by Doug S » Logged

"We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: