GWTW Forum
May 19, 2019, 06:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: With regrets ... the Forum is closing permanently on JUNE 8th
to contact us email: kitekid@gmail.com

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Skyburner Kites 2020  (Read 228 times)
adx1592
Trade Count: (+33)

« on: May 16, 2019, 05:52 AM »

from the Skyburner Kites Facebook Page:
--------------

Something special this way comes...

"Hello, Skyburner Pilots! Devin here: I'm excited to share a new project with you all. Skyburner Kites and I are pairing up for another project. First came the Solus/UL, the Aura SUL/UL, and now I am taking a bit of a different approach by making the past, the present. The "Tica:2020" is a long time 'bucket list' project of mine, bringing back David Quan Bui's often misunderstood model of 1995. I idolized David and Jon's flying and looped the VHS "Winning Performances" nightly growing up. I often found the Tica to be my favorite kite from Skyburner's classic line, and never quite understood why it never caught on. Well, for 2020- I'm changing that. Below you will find the Tica in a modern form, and we'll be posting 'blog like' updates on this page, and others, to keep anyone that's dabbling in kite production and design, interested and motivated in the industry. I feel this project is important not only on a visibility level but also pays respect to Skyburner's roots, Mr. Bui, and the twenty-fifth anniversary of a model that quite seriously changed how I viewed kiting. I was 4 when the original Tica was released!
Make no mistake- this is a large kite. This is the first kite from Skyburner using two FULL length (32.5inch) Nitro "strong" tubes in the leading edge WITH extension, as well as a large spine with extension. The model is very much geared for accessibility in flight- slower, with tricks packed in- but flight, stalls, and speed control are my first priority. The graphics are a more modern take on the original Tica's look and show the sail's true size through highlighting the longer leading edge. Currently we are making the sail deeper and lightening up some nose weight, and the prototype will be at the Kite Festival at Grand Haven for its first year under new management. Please find myself or Jon if you are there- give it whirl, and give us your feedback- we'd love to hear your impressions.
Best to all and I am looking so forward to keeping everyone updated on this endeavor. It is quite close to my heart! Enjoy the first pictures of Skyburner Kites' "Tica: 2020."
-Devin"
-----------------

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
Wayner
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2019, 10:37 AM »

Sounds interesting.

Can't wait to see and hear more.
Benderdog
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2019, 06:46 PM »

Images are on their FB page Smiley