GWTW Forum
December 18, 2014, 01:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Of Kite Tricks, Bees, and Synthesizers  (Read 1149 times)
Tom P
Trade Count: (0)

« on: September 16, 2009, 09:32 PM »

Here's a video that i just recently made.  Cut me a bit of slack... the winds were rather choppy and erratic that day, as you can hear by the sporadic winds hitting the microphone; not exactly beach-side conditions!  Wink The synthesizer music is all done by me; i composed it and performed all of it.  YouTube doesn't allow  :'(  the Rush music that i wanted... but i hope my own music will do.  Dudes, crank it up high!  I sure had fun flying that day... and that's what really counts!   Grin

The kite being flown is a Sea Devil Light, made by Lam Hoac.  This particular one was just an old nylon sail... not the Icarex fancy sail that i should have been flying!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkGMk6AufBQ
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 09:36 PM by Tom P » Logged

Excerpt lyrics from Rush:
Follow men's eyes as they look to the skies
The shifting shafts of shining weave the fabric of their dreams...
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2009, 01:03 AM »

Hey Tom...
That's some skillful flying. I don't know if I'll ever be that fast. When the wind died down, I could actually follow the tricks. For the average wind speed, I certainly would've been flying the standard, I would rather to struggle to keep a standard going in low wind then try to move that fast the rest of the time. Truth be told, I would get nothing done until the wind went low.
The music was cool, it reminded me of going ice skating when I was a kid... The organist would always jam out during open skate sessions.
~Rob.

oldflyer
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 03:10 PM »

Great video - I love the Sea Devil. I was flying my mid vent earlier today. I quite fancy getting a 'light' to compliment it  Smiley
Tom P
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2009, 06:47 PM »

Thanks much, guys!  Wink

Hey Oldflyer...  i have pretty much all of the wind versions of the Sea Devil that Lam offers... and the Sea Devil Light is my favorite one of all of them!  i'll bet that it's Lam's favorite of the Sea Devils also.  It is superb and can even be flown in rather high winds without any damage.  It's the  Cool kite that i pull out of my "A-Bag" most of the time! 

Excerpt lyrics from Rush:
Follow men's eyes as they look to the skies
The shifting shafts of shining weave the fabric of their dreams...
fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2009, 02:29 AM »

hey nice flyin' man.  Smiley

Fdeli
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Kite Classifieds Ad
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum