GWTW Forum
November 23, 2014, 11:17 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Cosmic TC Bridle  (Read 1930 times)
gwarren
Trade Count: (+13)

« on: September 21, 2009, 09:00 PM »

I have a cosmic TC that I love.  Only problem is I also enjoy trying all the settings and not good at keeping track of best setting combinations. I searched the internet for info on the impact of the various adjustment points and can't find anything.  Can someone post their preferred settings? 

So many knots so many combinations....

thanks,
glen
fworley
Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 09:34 PM »

Suggest you ask in that other place - far more Cosmic fliers there Wink

-Frazer
zippy8
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 10:57 PM »

Too many knots, too many combinations  Sad And some/many of them redundant.

There's a case to be made for simply Leaving It Alone and learning the kite but where's the fun in that ? For what it's worth my Ghostie is set at the outermost knot at the centre-T, at the fourth at the LLE (just six to go then) and I set the ULE to suit the wind.

Why not try that and see how it goes from there ?

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
asburyparkjohn
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 07:04 AM »

Just owning the Ghost I did discuss this matter with JB of NYC and he indicated to me the fourth knot from the LEs is the stock setting and leaving the knot at the center T closest to the center T alone should also be considered stock - my flying experience so far indicated this is correct. As I start changing the settings I find my self just going back to the stock settings (i.e., fourth knot). I just need to fly it more to see what improvements for certain tricks can be made with these knot adjustments ... I will say this ... it is interesting that a company like Kitehouse can produce a kite like this and not give any guidance on this knoting system it developed. Perhaps it was intentional indicating its all based on individual flying styles. At this point I seem to be trading off easy multi-lazies for easy JLs at the fourth knot... in the spring/summer/fall of 2010 I will break down this kite ... I think? One thing is for sure this kite really captures the wind where it can fly side by side with the Inner Space as you approach ZERO wind.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 07:08 AM by asburyparkjohn » Logged

In my kite inventory of Dual Line Kites: Benson - Inner Space, Signature Kite of Top Pilots on an Old Style Gemini ; L'Atelier xt.z. ; Fearless-Tatto (SSUL), Fearless - SUL, Light & Light-Vent , Transformer TL's: (SUL & Light), Transformer 2 SUL & UL.
Beachbum
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 12:08 PM »

Well well,

Here I am trying to get Frazer his review and now I have to dedicate some time to post huh?

A real generic and simple adjustment formula is for the lower outhaul.

Shorter = Tighter/faster spins, more oversteer, deeper axels

Longer = Slower spins, more arm movement required (easier to cut figures), shallow axels (Due to input being sucked up)
Andy S

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 01:50 AM »

deeper axels ... shallow axels

By deeper do you mean flatter (wrt the ground?)
asburyparkjohn

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2009, 09:26 AM »

Beachbum - What do you set on the upper spreader with these lower spreader adjustments? Leave it alone on the fourth knot?

In my kite inventory of Dual Line Kites: Benson - Inner Space, Signature Kite of Top Pilots on an Old Style Gemini ; L'Atelier xt.z. ; Fearless-Tatto (SSUL), Fearless - SUL, Light & Light-Vent , Transformer TL's: (SUL & Light), Transformer 2 SUL & UL.
Beachbum
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2009, 02:01 PM »

By deeper do you mean flatter (wrt the ground?)

Yes, or to expand even further tail down when the kite is facing away, and vice versa for shallow.

Beachbum - What do you set on the upper spreader with these lower spreader adjustments? Leave it alone on the fourth knot?

I'll try to expand this more on the Clique review, which should be done in the next day, but if I slide the know farther away on the LS attachment, then I will do the same on the US attachment to adjust for higher wind.

...and yes, leave it alone on the fourth knot.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 05:09 PM by Beachbum » Logged
asburyparkjohn

« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2009, 09:34 AM »

One suggestion with this review. Post some common tricks and then indicate the knot settings preferred in your mind for these tricks for the US and LS. So we are clear I count the knots AWAY from the LEs ... of course.

DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2009, 06:45 AM »

I have a cosmic TC that I love.  Only problem is I also enjoy trying all the settings and not good at keeping track of best setting combinations. I searched the internet for info on the impact of the various adjustment points and can't find anything.  Can someone post their preferred settings? 

thanks,
glen

This is what I like.
Counting out from the frame;
Center T: first knot
Upper Spreader: second knot
Lower Spreader: third knot

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
asburyparkjohn

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2009, 05:04 PM »

I think with the Ghost I am finding to leave it at the stock settings the fourth knot seems to be working best when starting out. I flew it again today for four hours and was entering the fade from both the flare and broken axel. Its very different from any other kite I have flown. I really like the way it takes the wind. Personally, I don't think there is a "this way" or "that way" with this kite. I like one comment here - leave the fourth knot at the lower spreader and adjust the upper for wind. Will try that next. Its a kite that takes alot of patience and TIME. Its worth it in my opinion as it flys equal with Benson Inner Space ... equal in terms of GETTING airborne with virtually no wind.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum