GWTW Forum
April 24, 2014, 08:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Horvath Hybrid Synergetic Kite  (Read 6319 times)
thief
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2009, 02:13 PM »

steve: do you have some in stock???

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
HiFly
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2009, 05:00 AM »

another Horvath

Zero 1.1 von Thomas Horvath

btw ... 40Ä rtf

Mike
thief
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2009, 12:59 PM »

HiFly is that available via Volango only?  made by Horvath? made by Volango? made by _______?Huh?
I emailed them awhile back about it and heard nothing in reply.....

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
indigo_wolf
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2009, 02:04 PM »

HiFly is that available via Volango only?  made by Horvath? made by Volango? made by _______?Huh?

Horvath design, made in Taiwan....

http://www.horvath.ch/en/kite-manufacturers/kitewalker-de.html

ATB,
Sam
ndcmpc
Trade Count: (+21)

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2009, 04:13 AM »

We realize some people feel it is suited more for indoors because it may feel delicate.  The micro carbon rods used in the frame are quite resilient and the flexible tips help absorb gust when you do fly it in wind.  We have even had customers tell us they flew their Skate in 15mph of wind.  Although we donít encourage this, the kite will take it.

Hunter & Paul
Focus Kite Designs
www.focuskites.com
New Website Online Now!!

As the one who told Paul I was flying mine in 15 mph winds (just ask Shawn Tinkham about my "product testing" Huh) I can attest to the durability of the Skate.  It isn't as fragile as some here believe it to be.  It handled the winds and gusts with gusto.  (I know, lousy pun:Smiley)  As far as the fabric, any kite fabric will endure some wear and tear in sand.  Just check out the 1.5 oz fabric and heavy dacron LE material of a Thor's Hammer after regular beach flying.  After all, the primary ingredient of sandpaper is?

Beach, grassy glen, indoors - the Skate can handle all of them - but like any kite it will take it's hits regardless of where it is flown.  Now if you expect it to last forever and remain pristine - the best solution is to not fly it at all.  Cheesy  But that's no fun.

We were supporting an event for the city of Norfolk, VA over the 4th of July weekend and Sunday was rainy with very light winds.  The Skate was the only kite we could keep in the air.  I flew an Urban Ninja in calm conditions at another event and it was a great flyer as well.  When the winds are in the 1-6 mph range, I fly my Blue Moon 61/49.  These are all great no/low wind kites that have individual personalities, so don't let the acquisition of one prevent you from trying the others.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 04:41 AM by ndcmpc » Logged

Flight Log

Doug
Blue Moon Geek
61/49: The most fun you can have with only one line
Datenland

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2009, 04:52 PM »

If you ever contemplated building a kite yourselves try it with the Urban Ninja. There are very thorough and detailed building instructions on the site (in English), making things easy for a beginning builder. You will be rewarded with a fascinating kite.

http://www.horvath.ch/ninja/the_urban_ninja.html

Erik
DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2009, 05:41 PM »

Thanks Erik

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
ko
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2009, 09:42 PM »

thank you eric i have been looking for a place to start this looks like a great 1 !! thanx KO

have fun kurt
Datenland

« Reply #23 on: September 26, 2009, 06:22 PM »

Thorough building instructions or not, I've built one two weeks ago, so if you encounter any problems, just ask, I have put a Notify-Tag on this thread.

Erik
asburyparkjohn
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2009, 05:44 PM »

HQ does a real good job as only the spreader needs to be hooked up to the left and right LEs and your ready to fly as all other knot adjustments are in their stock settings and set up for you. Just hook up and go. Waiting for a low wind day to test flight this glider. There is the bridle knot that can go up and down to make it fly or glide more friendly but will not mess with that knot yet.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 05:46 PM by asburyparkjohn » Logged

In my bag: Benson - Inner Space, Gemini ; L'Atelier xt.z. ; Fearless-Tatto (SSUL), Fearless Light Mid-Vent, Transformer TL's Full Suite: (SUL, Light, Standard & Vent).
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography