GWTW Forum
October 25, 2014, 09:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2pt landing  (Read 4030 times)
tommymcmillan
Trade Count: (+14)

« on: September 23, 2009, 08:20 PM »

How is the 2 point landing done and where in the wind window should it/can it be done?
ko
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 10:17 PM »

best explanation i have read is that it is a 1/2 axle at the bottom of a dive. best to practice off the ground a bit>> http://www.youtube.com/user/DPmama74#play/uploads/29/9Upiew4OxpQ maybe the original author will chime in he is great at breaking down tricks hope this helps KO
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 10:20 PM by ko » Logged

have fun kurt
tpatter
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 11:04 PM »

May you have better luck at getting this one down than I have - I am  finally getting it, but it has taken a long time.

I'd first work on getting the half-axel and snap-lazy down pat if you don't have them already.

Easiest 2-pt is just straight down and then half-axel to the ground.

The sideways one is harder - I can't do that one yet.

6 kite tom
Will Sturdy
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 08:06 AM »

The sideways one is just a rolling susan type input from which you pull out before it gets all the way into the turtle.
RonG
Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 08:11 AM »

How is the 2 point landing done and where in the wind window should it/can it be done?

It can be done anywhere in the window.  And it's one of a few tricks that gets better as the wind increases.
glider

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 08:53 AM »

Check out Reid Wolcott at Summer Heat 2009 on youtube for some 2pt landings anywhere in the window.  The music has been pulled so you don't get the feel for the 'punch' these landing give to the routine.  After Reid's performance, I heard several people talk about going out and practicing nothing but landings.  Sounds like a plan.  After 3 years at this, I still struggle with getting kite on the ground (in a controlled fashion) ;-)

Dave

mdilucca

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2009, 09:01 AM »

Yeap, aggree with you Dave.  Reid blew me away with his landings at WSIKF too!!! Anywhere in the window and whenever he want it according to the music, WOW indeed!!

Cheers
Mario

Cheers
Mario

tpatter
Trade Count: (+24)

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2009, 09:38 AM »

Enjoy, to music -
Reid Wolcott Dual Line Ballet at Summer Heat 1st Place

The first time I ran into Reid it was by accident at my flying field.  Wind was in the high teens and he was aggressively putting it down all over the window - pretty amazing to watch.

6 kite tom
DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2009, 10:29 AM »

It can be done anywhere in the window.  And it's one of a few tricks that gets better as the wind increases.

Better..... or more dramatic?  Shocked

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
RonG
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2009, 11:58 AM »

Better..... or more dramatic?  Shocked

Better, more dramatic, and easier IMO once you have the technique down.  Higher wind=more momentum, which makes the kite plant more forcefully (which is a good thing), particularly if you're approaching from a downward angle.

Few things are as basic, useful, and attention-getting as a powerful snap 2-point landing.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 12:00 PM by RonG » Logged
ko

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2009, 05:02 PM »

at about 1:32 he does a quick spin to 2 pt i find this to be the easiest method to plant my kite the spin de-powers the kite a bit not as dramatic but not as expensive either

have fun kurt
RonG
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2009, 06:43 PM »

at about 1:32 he does a quick spin to 2 pt i find this to be the easiest method to plant my kite the spin de-powers the kite a bit not as dramatic but not as expensive either

A snap 2 point landing is not expensive.  You learn it in light winds and then can appreciate it in stronger winds.

No point in babying a kite.
SMG

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2009, 07:04 PM »

dang that is cool.

I need to learn that one soon. I always have problems getting the kite to land. On the other hand, I am getting better at ground recovery, but that probably makes sense.

BTW, what music was that, it was pretty cool.

Cheers,
Sean
RobB

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2009, 07:26 PM »

A snap 2 point landing is not expensive.  You learn it in light winds and then can appreciate it in stronger winds.

No point in babying a kite. Cheesy

ko

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2009, 09:27 PM »

i guess this calls for a duel! choose your weapon generally i would use the fearless but for this i choose THE EXILE  ON  GUARD
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 09:34 PM by ko » Logged

have fun kurt
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change