I sneaked in on the tail end of the new Aerobe offer. That was good.
Fantastic service from Steve. Got the kite today!
Assembled, looked it over, and was very satisfied with the build quality. It even came with some good line. The sail was very taut.
Took it out in the very calm breezes (3mph) and gave it a test flight. It was ok. I did not like the glide. It just rocked back and forth. That may been due to pilot error.
I taped a quarter to the nose, and that made me much happier. I also moved the tow point closer to the nose. Finally tired out, and went back inside.
I started disassembling the kite to put it into the bag. Started prying the last wing rod out of the nose piece and BAM. :'( Not a good thing!
Click thumbnail for a larger view.
I was not a happy camper!
However, it was just the stitching that gave way. I think I can resew it with stronger thread. Think I will do the other side at the same time.
Tricky part is that the wing rods are installed almost permanently. I am going to see if I can get it under my sewing machine without removing any hardware. That will be a challenge.
Wish me luck.