GWTW Forum
September 01, 2014, 04:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: R-Sky kites opinions  (Read 4041 times)
SMG
Trade Count: (+3)

« on: September 27, 2009, 01:01 PM »

I have been looking at the R-Sky NFX as a smaller companion to my Soul and SF 2.5, what are your opinions on build quality, trickability, strengths, weakness's etc. ?

Cheers,
Sean
« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 02:41 PM by SMG » Logged
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 01:40 PM »

Randy Greenway is your man for this question.

I believe the R in R-Sky stands for RandyG.

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
SMG

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 02:43 PM »

Well, I did notice that he used alot of their kites! I know from watching his tutorials that they are trickable, but wanted to get opinions from others who have actually used the kites.
I recall seeing some issues with bridle settings not even on kites from the factory etc. Just trying to see what people here think of them.

Cheers,
Sean
Bob D
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 05:10 PM »

The NFX is a smaller kite than the Nirvanas so it flies faster. It's still tricky but I personally like a bigger slower kite. The build quality is good too.

Bob D.
ezme6
Trade Count: (+17)

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 05:47 PM »

I got a beat up, torn and stained Next Up with icone rods and I hardly fly  much else these days Grin Anything they make is top drawer

"Do what you like"
ET
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2009, 10:53 PM »

Build quality of R-Sky is way better than Silver Fox.  Rods, fittings, sewing, ect… I don’t baby any of my R-Sky kites, pound the heck out of em and they still hold up.  With my 2.3 and 2.5, signs of wear showed up (TE, LE, fittings, sail) in months compared to years on my R-Sky kites. 

Nfx’s trickability… it’s all there.  Also there are a few bridle mods you might want to try out to tune to your liking.

Weakness – the conversion rate sucks.

Closest kite to a Soul is maybe the Diablis….  pitchy and tricky, 2.3 is kinda like a poor man’s Sea Devil, and 2.5 is kinda like a tamed Transfer XTR,  so yeah… Nfx would be a good add to the bag.  Nfx will also take a higher wind range that the 3 SF’s.

Bridle settings will get wacked on all kites
zippy8
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2009, 11:27 PM »

Nothing wrong with their kites, occasional rogue build issues aside. I'm a little baffled by the concentration of their current range in that they have quite a few kites seemingly treading on each other's toes. If you're thinking of the NFX then presumably you're also considering the similar NFX Extend, the Frenezy, the Krystal FX.....  Sad

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
Adicakes
Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2009, 03:21 AM »

The NFX Sport is an awesome kite and I highly recommend it. Smiley
SMG

« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2009, 07:45 AM »

Nothing wrong with their kites, occasional rogue build issues aside. I'm a little baffled by the concentration of their current range in that they have quite a few kites seemingly treading on each other's toes. If you're thinking of the NFX then presumably you're also considering the similar NFX Extend, the Frenezy, the Krystal FX.....  Sad

Mike.

Yeah, that's just what I needed, more options in wicked cool looking kites. I was really looking at the NFX as the Canadian distributor has one on sale, but I was also considering the Frenezy. Now of course I have looked at the Krystal FX and it is the coolest looking kite of the bunch. I just need to find a retailer who has them for a decent price and won't totally bone me on shipping.

Cheers,
Sean
DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2009, 09:08 AM »

If you're considering buying from the great canadian kite company, my advice is RUN with your money in your tightly cliched fist. The guy is dishonest to say the least. And not the sharpest tool in the shed either.

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
SMG

« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2009, 09:57 AM »

Ah, well. Hmm. OK.

I guess I will be looking for a different retailer. Too bad there are no reputable Canadian kite dealers who sell R-Sky. BC Kites are ok, but I think they are pretty Prism centric.

I will have to look around, maybe put a listing in the want adds here.

Cheers,
Sean
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2009, 10:13 AM »

hey Sean there is a reputable Canadian RSky dealer......
if you drop me an email i can provide more info..
i am trying to get a Shift (the new r sky single line ktie) via this guy so there should be an order placed.....
rob

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
itbvolks
Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2009, 11:18 AM »

Sean,

PM sent.  Wink

Thanks,
Eric
GEB

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2009, 11:35 AM »

I agree with Thief about Sean. Check your e-mail.
DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2009, 11:55 AM »

I agree with Thief about Sean. Check your e-mail.

Just out of curiosity, how can you agree with Thief about Sean when Thief never said anything about Sean?
WTF???

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document