GWTW Forum
December 22, 2014, 01:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Liberty state park  (Read 4970 times)
cje0114
Trade Count: (+2)

« on: September 27, 2009, 02:34 PM »

Is anybody flung at LSP anymore? It's been many years sinc I've flown there but the bug bit me again and I wanted to head over there one weekend soon. I was also thinking about flying sandy hook too since the beaches are closed now.

Chris
JimB
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 05:33 PM »

Hey Chris,

Sure, people fly there, particularly when the High Spirits have a fun fly, but; there is no regular meet up at this point.

It is still one of those places where you are more likely to run into a flier or Two though.

I don't get out there regularly on weekends due to work. But you will find me there on the odd Monday.

Good to see you here on the new forum.
cje0114

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 06:01 PM »

Hey Jim good to hear from you again. I'm gonna stop out there soon and see what happens. I need to build up a new collection of kites since I sold everything off when I seriously got back into rc again. I sure do miss my collection of nirvanas...
antman
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 06:03 PM »

a few of us just flew there a month back .. their are a few fliers that live closer tp there then i do .. i love flying there . the nyc city line makes for a great background when your flying

cje0114

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 06:55 PM »

I guess I'm lucky since I'm only about a 15 minute drive up the turnpike from the park.
Bob D
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2009, 04:32 AM »

LSP is THE best place to fly in northern NJ. I live an hour and a half and it's worth the drive when the wind is right (less than 9 mph from anyplace in the south.) I get there every couple of weeks mostly during the week (I take a couple of hours off at the end of the day) or on a Friday when I have off.

I was there last week (Wednesday) and they were blowing new grass on the parts of the lawn that was torn up by the concert at the end of July.

I've met a few guys there this year and I've told others about it too. They guys I've talked to seem to fly there a lot on Sundays.

One thing I like about it is the fact that the wind is nice and smooth off the water and the grass is great to fly on. The down side is that there's a lot of geese and the souvenirs they leave behind.

I also like it in the winter. I used to think that temperatures in the 30s was cold but it really isn't.

I have quite a bag of kites if you're interested - R-Sky's(Team Next Up, NFX, Nirvana std), Transfers. We could meet up sometime and I'd be happy to let you try an OPK - Other People's Kite. If you're really interested we could talk about maybe letting something go. There not enough time to fly everything I've got as much as I'd like to. Send me an email if you'd like meet up there sometime. bobdros at p t d dot net.

Bob D.
antman

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2009, 01:52 PM »

as i said before it is a sweet place to fly.. all grass and a nice background.. with that and wildwood im set for this state .. they are at both ensds of the state... go figure

cje0114

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2009, 09:47 PM »

I might stop out for the morning tomorrow (Friday) if the weather is decent. My skills are in the dumpster after a 4 year break from the sport, but I need to get out and practice.

Chris
JimB
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2009, 10:28 PM »

No can do.

Mondays.  Wink

cje0114

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2009, 10:34 PM »

No can do.

Mondays.  Wink

Ok....Maybe I can get out next Monday too. I have off.....Shoot me an emaiol if you want to meet up.

Chris
JimB
Global Moderator

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2009, 12:02 AM »

Righto.  Wink
cje0114

« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2009, 12:30 PM »

Stopped by the park this morning. What a mess everything is over there! All of the fields are roped off because of the new grass being grown. I didn't fly because of the grass. Where is everybody flying at? I wouldn't think that I would be allowed on the grass until the take down the pink ribbon that is closing off the fields...
JimB
Global Moderator

« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2009, 12:52 PM »

You might be able to fly down by the war memorial down at the South end.

Also there is an earthen pier as you enter the park from the South end but before you get to the war memorial.

That is if they aren't re-seeding those areas as well.

I will try to get out there this Monday and see.

Kurtis just posted to the LHS014B newsletter asking if people wanted to get together this Sunday for OSOW. So, there will probably be some people out there this Sunday.
antman

« Reply #13 on: October 18, 2009, 10:46 AM »

would have been great  to meet  up with some of you there today .. but the weather sucks as usual

JimB
Global Moderator

« Reply #14 on: October 18, 2009, 11:01 AM »

Wow.

You are committed.

Or should be.  Wink

I have the day off but circumstances kept me from getting out to a fun fly Must86 was planning for today on Long Island.

Can't imagine he went ahead with it.

Conditions are looking better for tomorrow.

would have been great  to meet  up with some of you there today .. but the weather sucks as usual
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Kite Classifieds Ad
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum