GWTW Forum
October 23, 2014, 01:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RC helicopters  (Read 4130 times)
Zeke
Trade Count: (0)
« on: October 01, 2009, 02:52 PM »

I was given a toy RC helicopter that was probably $20 new and it does fly up and down and sort of forward pretty much as it wishes. Has anyone flown some of the larger ones? I'm not interested in the big, gas operated stuff. I found thishttp://cgi.ebay.com/IMPROVED-V2-6-CH-3D-22E-DRAGONFLY-WALKERA-HELICOPTER-RC_W0QQitemZ270461877553QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRadio_Control_Vehicles?hash=item3ef8c8bd31&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14  and this onehttp://cgi.ebay.com/New-3-CH-Metal-AIR-HAWK-Co-Axial-Rotor-Helicopter-RC_W0QQitemZ260482825877QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3ca5fc7e95&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

thoughts and opinions welcome
SMG
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 03:18 PM »

I bought an Air Hogs Havoc and love it. I can get it trimmed to the point where I can hover it, do either side turns etc. Its great in our house, as we have about a 25' foyer that opens into a great room.

They are a bit nasty on batteries, but alot of fun.

Cheers,
Sean
DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 04:11 PM »

I fly micros indoors. Lots of fun. I'm still flying coaxial copters. They're super easy to fly.

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
UPNET
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 05:25 PM »

Here:  http://www.hobby-lobby.com/rc_helicopters_89_ctg.htm

and Here: http://www.heliproz.com/products.asp?dept=246

Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Voltaire
DWayne

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 06:13 PM »

Hobby Lobby is a really good company to deal with. The eFlight Blade RTF's are good starter packages.

Denny

browndude3649
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 08:30 PM »

i almost got into it. The e-flight Blade pro would've been the one i'd go with tho
Turkey9186
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 09:03 PM »

I bought a Blade Cp Pro and wasted a bunch of money on repair parts.  It has been sitting in the box since the last crash over a year ago. I made it to the point where I could hover for a few minutes at a time.  Each crash was a minimum of $15-20 in parts.

The Air hogs twin rotor helicopters have been way more fun.  Downside is that they can only be flown inside with the heat or AC shutoff.  For indoor or calm wind days outside, the Eflight Blade CTX series is the way to go if you want to try it out without wasting a bunch of money. 

If you think you are going to get into flying hardcore, spend the money and go the Trex 450 route.  Then, find someone to teach you to fly. 

Just my .02 Grin
Jerry
DD
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2009, 09:27 PM »

I was told the MCX blades were good starters, the "quantum" of little helis

Sine Metu!
DWayne

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2009, 09:31 PM »

I was told the MCX blades were good starters, the "quantum" of little helis

That's what I started with. Its a great entry point copter.

Denny

normofthenorth
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2009, 11:48 PM »

I've enjoyed several of the cheap (~$20) toy copters, indoors only. 3-channel is a bit more fun than 2-channel, but both are OK.

Norm in Toronto
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2009, 05:00 AM »

You guys are ALL bad influences ! The last thing I need is something else to get into... Who's got that flashy thing from MIB ? I never saw this.  Cheesy

John Welden

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2009, 06:36 AM »

I had a E flight MCX and it was a heck of a lot of fun.  Amazingly stable and easy to fly.

Only problem is that it's a bit TOO easy to fly and everyone that sees it wants to give it a try.  Of course everyone ends up crashing it and after a while it gets thrashed and won't fly.

I'd like to get another one but I'd like something a little more high performance. If someone has a recommendation I'd really appreciate it. I don't want to go any bigger than the MCX and I'm pretty sure I want to stay with co axial.
DWayne

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2009, 07:55 AM »

If the MCX has gotten to be too easy you're probably ready for an MSR. Its not a coaxial rotor but its almost as stable. And a lot more agile.  Cool

Denny

Bob D
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2009, 01:13 PM »

I just got the E Flite MCX S300 two weeks ago and I LOVE it! It's really easy to trim and fly. It's got good flight time and I bought an extra lipo battery. They're much better made than the Havocs. It's a great starter helicopter. I can see that I'd want to get the RS next because it's got a tail rotor and it's a bit bigger.

One thing I especially like is that the throttle is so responsive. It spins up and down very evenly and you can add a bit more juice when you're turning to keep it level.

I got it a local hobby shop for $110 when it retails for $180. What a deal!

Bob D.
John Welden

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2009, 10:21 AM »

If the MCX has gotten to be too easy you're probably ready for an MSR. Its not a coaxial rotor but its almost as stable. And a lot more agile.  Cool

Denny

Holy crap, that thing is sweet.  I'll be getting one today if the hobby shop has one. 

Thanks Denny.

JW
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change