GWTW Forum
October 20, 2014, 01:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: RC helicopters  (Read 4088 times)
JimB
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2009, 07:05 PM »

but, but..

There's no string??

Cheesy
jambo101
Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2009, 03:46 PM »

You guys are ALL bad influences ! The last thing I need is something else to get into... Who's got that flashy thing from MIB ? I never saw this.  Cheesy

Bwahaha  They are called foamies and are battery powered 
Amazing R/C airplane demo
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 03:49 PM by jambo101 » Logged
Bob D
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2009, 04:17 AM »

The Air Hogs have styrofoam bodies. The E-flite MCX helis are completely serviceable. You can get to all the parts if you have to. Another thing I like about the E-Flites is the fact that you can swap out the battery which you can't with the "foamies".

Bob D.
DD
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2009, 08:24 AM »

For the guys that have the eflite mcx helis, which mode do you use on the controller? 1 or 2?

Sine Metu!
Bob D

« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2009, 04:34 AM »

My MCX S300 came with Mode 2 as the default. I like having the throttle and rudder (spin it around) on the left and the pitch (forward and backward) and yaw (drift right and left) on the right control.

Spin it up on the throttle, slight pressure to the left and it will spin counter-clockwise. Slight pressure forward on the right control and you get forward speed.

It's a much better helicopter than the Air Hogs!

Bob D.
John Welden

« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2009, 11:54 AM »

You guys are ALL bad influences ! The last thing I need is something else to get into... Who's got that flashy thing from MIB ? I never saw this.  Cheesy

Bwahaha  They are called foamies and are battery powered 
Amazing R/C airplane demo

Very cool. Looks like a lot of fun.
jambo101
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2009, 03:52 AM »

The beauty of indoor electric RC's whether helicopters or fixed wing is flying them in a gymnasium takes out the weather factor,-20 outside and the snow is blowing sideways?no problem. Smiley
cje0114
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2009, 11:14 PM »

helis and small foamies are fun...but my love is still for giant scale 3D planes. I'm know to play around with heli's and foamies are a great 3D flying training tool.

Here's a couple shots of one of my smaller, but favorite airplane. It's an Aviation Models 30% Yak 54 with a DA50 for power.....

[attachment deleted by admin]
DD
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2009, 07:15 AM »

there are some mods for the mcx that give it better foward speed as well as more pitch and yaw. Overall very cool, love that you can swap batteries out. Inner rods and counter balance rods seem to be the most common replaceables, at $5 each that's not bad. Anyone here moved to an ac charger for the batteries?

Sine Metu!
biglos

« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2009, 06:06 PM »

I have experience flying r/c Heli's and came here cause I thought it would be cheaper. Big mistake lol. Here is a good forum and people are very helpful.

http://www.helifreak.com/
Bob D

« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2009, 04:33 AM »

Thanks for the link to Helifreaks! I'll have to check out the mods for the MCX. It's got MUCH better control than the Air Hog!

Bob D.
John Welden

« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2009, 05:47 AM »

CJE,

Is hovering a plane an advanced trick?  (hang it on the prop)

JW
cje0114
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2009, 07:12 AM »

CJE,

Is hovering a plane an advanced trick?  (hang it on the prop)

JW

yes
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change