GWTW Forum
November 26, 2014, 01:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AKAGN Daily Updates @ Kitelife  (Read 1677 times)
Kitelife
Trade Count: (+2)

« on: October 04, 2009, 08:56 PM »

Hi folks, just a quick heads up that we'll be doing daily updates (photos, news, scores, some video) from the AKA Grand Nationals in Rochester, MN over the next week... First update should be online late tomorrow night or early morning. Wink

http://www.kitelife.com/magazine/aka09

John Barresi
Editor/Publisher
Kitelife Magazine
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2009, 10:32 PM »

Thanks John. It is odd how the Grand Nationals use to be the talk of the Forum, and now we need reminders of when it is happening.

Keep up the good work.  Smiley

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
RonG
Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 05:40 AM »

Thanks John. It is odd how the Grand Nationals use to be the talk of the Forum, and now we need reminders of when it is happening.

Not too much to talk about anymore.  I think a grand total of 20 competitors (total, out of the entire country) accepted invitations this year.  5 competitors in MIB and MIP Sad
EBGB

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 06:47 AM »

Zero from the Northwest.
First time that's ever happened.

A few sticks short of a full frame.
RonG
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2009, 06:49 AM »

Zero from the Northwest.
First time that's ever happened.

I know.

I think we have one from the Northeast, 3 or 4 from the Southeast.

The bulk of the (few) competitors who accepted are Midwest, which makes sense since it's a midwest AKAGN.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 06:51 AM by RonG » Logged
Kitelife

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2009, 01:33 AM »

Aye, it's slim... I'm hearing about 150-160 registrants total, but I think I've just had my most enjoyable AKA Monday to date and didn't even fly, just hung out... Good juju, we'll see how it plays out on the kite field but I'm looking forward to it all, regardless. Smiley

John Barresi
Editor/Publisher
Kitelife Magazine
Kitelife

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2009, 01:26 AM »

Sorry to say I've got some bad news folks... My Macbook seems to have picked up a bug and isn't responsive enough to do anything except browse the web, but it's still locking up sometimes even for such simple tasks.

It's now about 3:30am and I haven't been able to install either ClamXav or VirusBarrier as of yet, the installers fail outright and Apple's tech support offices are closed on Sat/Sun so my hands are officially tied for the weekend.

So sorry, this was obviously the last thing I expected... All I can do is go through clean up, reinstalls, repairs and restores once I'm back in the office on Monday and try to complete the updates (albeit late) as soon as possible.

All apologies, thanks for your understanding.

John Barresi
Editor/Publisher
Kitelife Magazine
Kitelife

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2009, 08:55 AM »

Okay, managed to eek out the Friday update despite lap top issues, it's uploading now, should be available in 10-15 minutes. Wink

John Barresi
Editor/Publisher
Kitelife Magazine
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum