GWTW Forum
November 26, 2014, 03:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 1st kite Firstorm from kite magic config mod  (Read 4393 times)
Damo666
Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2009, 12:13 AM »

Hey Damo,

Went and had a look at your Firestorm over at Kite Magic.

Yeah, that is a way different kite from the one I was thinking of (see must86's).

It's about half the size of the NT Firestorm.

G-Day JimB,

Sorry i should of stated at the start its 1.8meter oops  Sad my mistake Grin

I have a saying with my planes they come in a box and they end up back in the box just many smaller peices he,he  Grin Cheesy
Damo666
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2009, 11:14 PM »

Hey all had a whicked day on sat at maroubra beach wind was plowing about 15-20kms so i kept the kite low to the ground as up high it was shuddering (was waiting for the fraim to explode  Shocked) but it held together Grin.

I was learning snap stalls as was hard to bring it down managed to do 1 snap stall landing got so excited did a little victory dance  Embarrassed got what i think was an axel and a half axel didn't look neat but now i have the idear.

Ended up at a local kite shop in Sans Souci asked them 1001 questions as all good newbies do managed to get a awesome price on a prism hypnotist so i walked out the shop with it under my arm he,he.

The wind was still blowing heaps strong so i got my trusty firestorm out as i have a spare now so throwing caution or should i say my firestorm up in the strong winds.
The wind changed direction so i had the water on my right so i walled almost into the water and started dragging the right wind tip through the water(so much fun)
Miss judged one horizontal stall at the edge of the window ended up ditching the kite in the water he,he but i gave it a fresh water rinse when i got home left it out to dry before packing it away so all good.(should of started this years ago)

Getting heaps better at recoveries hardly have to do the walk of shame now this little kite just won't die even after many smacks into the ground best $70 bucks i've spent so far.

I'll wait for a moderate wind day for my maiden on the hypnotist till then more practice on this little firestorm
Karlsmith
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2009, 09:20 PM »

Nice discussion . as a beginner to kiting. I've leaned lot of things from this thread. hope to learn more .. Cheesy
Bob D
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2009, 04:48 AM »

I'm so glad to see someone new to kites with so much enthusiasm! Enthusiasm like yours should be bottled and sold with every new kite!

I flew a Prism Ion for years without learning how to do any tricks even though I watched Dodd Gross' Flight School IV over and over. I started with an axel and it just clicked one day. Next it was the half axel and I really started to understand what slack line flying meant. Check out RandyG's kite blog to see his tutorials on all kinds of tricks. Right click his link to save the tutorial to your computer and you'll build up a nice library! (www.sportkiteflyer.spaces.live.com)

And then you'll want to see how the high-end kites fly and you won't regret it. It's amazing how it's possible to get used to the idea of spending more than USD200 for a kite!

Bob D.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum