GWTW Forum
April 18, 2014, 11:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Skyburner Line Overview ?  (Read 996 times)
Kitemac
Trade Count: (+17)

« on: October 14, 2009, 06:05 AM »

I see that Skyburner is now a sponsor of the forum.  I have a NikNak and the build quality is very nice. 

Although I have seen posts regarding the Freestylist and Widowmaker, looking at their website there are many models that I know nothing about.  Does anyone have experience with the other models that they would like to share?

Thanks,

Tom
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2009, 08:13 AM »

Having exp with all of the dual line kites skyburner has produced, i hope I can help.

NikNak, WidowMaker, and Freestylist youve heard about. So that leaves...

Pro Dancer SUL- This, is one heck of a kite. Its extremely solid, and is great or the SUL winds in precision competition. That thing tracks like a maniac. It can do trick's if you know how to do it. If you want a backflip that you can come out of, id add just a bit of weight in the tail. If not, your'e set. Its an amazing kite and the build quality is amazing. It works well indoors for dramatic flys too.

Inak- AWESOME indoor kite. Does great throws and catches. Great build quality. Great kite for the price. If youre looking for indoor kites, this is a winner.

Heat- The heat, to me, is almost like a combined voodoo and wahoo. Great old school tricks, good turn radius. Nice tracking. Again, build quality is great.

ADX- I havent had A TON of exp with this one, but from what I've flown it I like it. Again, this kite seems to do better at the oder style tricks. I remember nice backspins and again, good tracking. Also, great build quality as to be expected.

Delta Drive- This one's a blast. Its a good trick kite with good pull, which i really like. Awesome tracking. The UL's also great. I haven't flown the vent. All around nice kite. Again, awesome build quality. Nice weight system if i recall- It reminds me of the Skysails delphi.

T&T comp- Nice solid full-sized comp kite. Great Tracking. Great Pull- Everything I like in a precision kite or a team kite. All the versions are great. Does well pulling a tail too. Again, awesome build quality.

Sorry if these dont help much- I figured Id try to post a little something before my next class  Huh

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
lasapcheong
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2009, 09:44 AM »

Pro Dancer SUL- This, is one heck of a kite. Its extremely solid, and is great or the SUL winds in precision competition. That thing tracks like a maniac. It can do trick's if you know how to do it. If you want a backflip that you can come out of, id add just a bit of weight in the tail. If not, your'e set. Its an amazing kite and the build quality is amazing. It works well indoors for dramatic flys too.

I agree with the Pro Dancer SUL. Its the best low wind kite I flew outdoors. Under pure smooth wind conditions, as long as you can feel the slightest breeze and smoke consistently moving in one direction, it will already pack a lot of drive.

How much weight do you put on the tail? I never really bothered trying to trick this kite but if you have some other insights into the trickability and what it can do trick wise that would help. I would already be very happy if I could axel, half axel and put this kite into a fade consistently. Cascades would be a big bonus though I'm not counting too much on that  Smiley

-Darryl

"One day I'll learn to comete my quad and hover my dual-line for a minute anywhere in the window"
Kiting Below Horizons : http://www.youtube.com/user/cheongchunti
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2009, 03:14 PM »

check your PM's. I dont want to hijack the thread.

Anyways, KiteMac. I hope those help.

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
Brian O
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2009, 03:17 PM »

Heat- The heat, to me, is almost like a combined voodoo and wahoo. Great old school tricks, good turn radius. Nice tracking. Again, build quality is great.

T&T comp- Nice solid full-sized comp kite. Great Tracking. Great Pull- Everything I like in a precision kite or a team kite. All the versions are great. Does well pulling a tail too. Again, awesome build quality.

I don't won a T&T or Heat but have flown them and agree with the comments above.

I do own a Wahoo and that's a great old school kite that likes to be flown aggressively (yank and spank and because it flies fast it likes fast inputs).  It feels a bit heavy on the lines and will handle higher winds better than some kites and I have modified my older wahoo based on the new bridle configurations and spreader and SO lengths the kite now comes with so now it is also rather good at pitch based tricks.  My JITB is my go to kite for normal winds and the wahoo comes out when the winds aren't ridiculous but are high(ish).

The wahoo does great axels, cascades, 540s, fades, lazy susans and with the modifications and a bit of weight it rolls up nice too and will comete, etc.  Not sure if I like it more with weight or without but I definatley like it more with a three point bridle than a turbo.  Its probaly not the best kite for everyone becuase you do need to be quick with your hands to get the most out of it and it likes aggressive inputs but if you like really whacking the lines and pulling a kite through its manuevres, this is a great kite.
Its construction is second to none as well.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2009, 03:21 PM by Brian O » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography