GWTW Forum
July 28, 2014, 03:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: My Synthesis is finished  (Read 1793 times)
Blownfuse
Trade Count: (+2)

« on: October 19, 2009, 12:26 AM »

I am so excited, I just have to tell someone... Tongue

I ordered a Webbed Synthesis from Matt Brown, and now it is done. Hereīs a teaser pic from Matt :

Now only the postal service know, when I will be able try it out, and get a lot more pictures of it.
 Grin

Best ever consultation ! Doctors order : Go fly a kite !  (literally, no joke)
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 12:27 AM »

If it looks that good leaning against a door, it ought to be superkiller in the sky.  Tongue

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
Blownfuse

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 12:49 AM »

I canīt wait to see it in the sky, preferrably on a day with blue skyes and backlit by a nice autumn sun.

RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 04:22 AM »

That is an AMAZING looking kite ! I've seen pictures of a purple one kind of like it somewhere around. I'll be very interersted to hear flying impressions...

WinterDaze
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 07:57 AM »

Great looking kite BF!

Matt sure makes an awesome looking kite, when ever mines out it always gets a bit of a second look, by passers by and kiters both Wink

His bonding technique for the 'webbing' has held up with no issues at all and looks as good as new, so look forward to pulling it out for the first time as well as the 100th time Smiley

WD

WinterDaze AoF
tommymcmillan
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2009, 09:38 AM »

How could I go about ordering one. Please send me the info.
Thank you,
Blownfuse

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2009, 11:38 AM »

Well, thank you all !  Smiley

WD : How about some pictures of yours ? I would very much like to see it. Not many Synthesisīes around, and even fewer webbed ones (mine is webbed #3).

Must86 : Yearh, thatīs gotta be the purple-fade webbed Synthesis (Mattīs own, as far as I recall). That one is beautifull ! (Though I wonīt complain, mine is exactly what I dreamt about.)

tommymcmillan : Sendt you an email. Let me know if it turns up allright.

As far as I know, my Synthesis is somewhere between Mattīs residence and my ditto. That is somewhere between US of A and Denmark. When it turns up, I really donīt know. But I sure hope it is soon !!!  Grin Cheesy Smiley Wink Tongue

Blownfuse

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2009, 08:58 AM »

And today it arrived !  Grin

The Webbed Synthesis is a STD-kite, and as could be expected, the wind is a "nice" 1-2mph. Not really perfect for the maiden voyage. So... I have not flown it yet. What a bummer...  :'(

Because of the prevailing wind, or lack off, I canīt tell you how it behaves in the air. For now youīll have to settle with some pictures :

This is how you know, that thereīs a Webbed Synthesis in the sleeve.

Instructions and good advice is also supplied.

First assembly...

And with artificial backlighting. Shocked  Come on, this looks amazingTongue Grin Kiss

Matt, thanks for building me this kite. It is a pure work of art, and I wonīt ever let it go. Not until they pry it from my cold,dead fingers...

Watty
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2009, 11:09 AM »

Wow! That's an amazingly good looking kite, especially with the back light. Would be great fun to fly at sunset.

kiteking
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2009, 11:25 AM »

What a great looking kite!!

and I see in the background that the Luna Moth is coming along nicely too
« Last Edit: October 30, 2009, 11:27 AM by kiteking » Logged

"Wind to your back, Kite in the sky."

MikeM
Brookings, OR  - KP 4-11

#518  -    #110883 -

Blownfuse

« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2009, 11:46 AM »

I am very much looking forward to :

A - Get it in the air, regardless of weather just the wind is there.
B - Fly it on a perfect day in the sunrise/sun high and bright on the sky/into the setting sun.

Could be a while though, with the serene settings, because autumn/winter in Denmark is a dull-grey affair. It is a beauty though, everything I had imagined. And then some.

Kiteking : Yes, the Moth sneaked into the background there. And itīs progressing at a leasurely pace, as a little project to fiddle around with. No hurry though. I had an idea of framing it with P2Xīes, but maybe Iīll settle for some Exel sticks... Could be that Skysharks latest would be a little over the top. I think I remembered to thank you, for your help with the Moth. If not, then I will now : Thanks a lot, great info that has been a good help. Thanks for taking the time to help me.

Blownfuse

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2009, 01:13 PM »

Update 03/11-09 :
Finally got some winds today, and headed out to my local field (referred to as the dog-track, by me). The field lays just... 30-40 meters from Randers fjord, and with all the rain we had in the weekend, the field was... Not wet, not a swamp but something in between. Definately very soggy. Found a spot where the grass at least wasīnt under water, and put down the bag. It was pretty windy, but no rain. The wet field made me consider, if I really should fly my beautifull new Synth, as it inevitably would get muddiīed.... But I really didīnt have a choice. Come on, had been looking at it since friday, so offcourse I had to fly it, when the wind was there. And that it was, 14-15-16mph with gusts in the lower twenties. Hardly ideal conditions, but hey, canīt have it all.

I assembled the Synthesis, hooked it up on my Climax 50kg 35 meter lineset, staked it down, poured a cup of coffee from the thermos, and enjoyed the moment. And then take off ! One of the first real thoughts (the first couple off minutes I didīnt have many formulated thoughts, just flying and trying to connect) was how precise this kite is. I had way to much wind for any tricking to succeed (also mostly used to UL-winds, and my Talon UL), but resolved to just fly figures. And the Synth is really a very precise kite (in my limited experience), not much of neither under- or oversteer and can make very precise figures, once you get a grip on the inputs. And this was in pretty heavy wind, actually a good deal more than the Synth likes best. The wind did not settle down, but I flew the Synth for 2 and a half hours. And thoroughly enjoyed every minute.

Ps. And the web does glow when in the sky, even when the sky is 3 shades of grey, as it was today.

04/11-09: Today we have had even more wind, coupled with low temperatures, rain, sleet, hail and maybe some inklings of snow late in the afternoon (probably rain with windchill), so no flying today. Now Iīm waiting to see what tomorrow brings, I hope for 6-10mph, clear skies (like thatīs gonna happen) and no rain please. Iīm really looking forward to try tricking on the Synthesis (the little I can).

This is just a little update. And Iīm happy to report that I am a very, very satisfied customer of Matt Browns. Now, if I only could convince Matt, that he needs to make a fullsize Synthesis or a vented Synthesis (maybe fullsize vent...), I would place an order as soon as I had the financial part covered. Even has some colour schemes worked out...
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 01:15 PM by Blownfuse » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document