GWTW Forum
November 23, 2014, 01:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Update Your Profile  (Read 1382 times)
onlye
Trade Count: (+16)

« on: March 07, 2010, 05:59 PM »

On occasion I go to a member's profile page to see where they live.  I am getting older and this also helps remind me of who is who.  Unless you have a specific reason not to, I would like to encourage members to update their profile page.  I think the old forum had a place to put your name, but best I can tell the new forum does not.  Sorta liked that.

thanks,
eric

eric
forum member since 04/21/2001
and still can't fly like those darn videos
spence602
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 06:45 PM »

(Last time) There was a standardization effort to make it:  Country State/Province City/Town

Mine should read: USA TX Houston

Spence
Chooks
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 03:01 AM »

Yeh!
 I find it interesting to see where folks are from as well.

Chook
TGunn

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 05:20 AM »

I agree Eric! It's also useful when referring newbies to more experienced kite flyers in an area. If you don't list your home city/town it's difficult for any of us to refer people to others that can help, hands on instruction, etc....  It's also useful for when we travel, and you want to hook up with other kiters in areas we may be visiting. Wink

Troy Gunn

Founding member of TKO Sport Kite Team - USA

http://tko.sportkite.team.tripod.com/Troybio.htm
kiteking
Trade Count: (+11)

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 06:09 AM »

I'm in agreement, I believe location is helpful in many aspects, unless you are hiding from someone.

I live here

"Wind to your back, Kite in the sky."

MikeM
Brookings, OR  - KP 4-11

#518  -    #110883 -

King-J
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2010, 06:12 AM »

I'm with you all on this one, I even updated mine because there has been questions on my abbreviation of G.V. now it should be spelled out as to complete spelling.
Some forums even have a Members map, which is kinda neat also.

My Family, With More To Be Born                          
rickks

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2010, 08:53 PM »

Just checked my profile doesn't say much (I think I had more profile information on the old forum) I will need to fill in a few blanks now.
My user name rickks is based on my name & state Rick Kansas.
BTW Eric, I think I got my HQ Emotion from you.  Smiley

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum