GWTW Forum
October 19, 2014, 09:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Premier Vector Powered Kites -Awsome new products!  (Read 6092 times)
Gardner
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2009, 11:30 AM »

I can't seem to find any information on this "awesome" invention. Is there a pic and discription somewhere?  It wasn't on the Premier site I found.
Gardner
kiten00b
Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2009, 12:26 PM »

I can't seem to find any information on this "awesome" invention. Is there a pic and discription somewhere?  It wasn't on the Premier site I found.
Gardner
Link Removed: Il Duce (One of the few rules Steve has is no direct links to websites selling kites. I'm afraid this falls into that category.)

I'd suggest googling for "Premier Vector Powered Kite" and checking on the 4th or 5th link
indigo_wolf
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2009, 04:22 PM »

Gardner

Ooooooooohhh.... the omission of cross-links to a company micro-site is such a marketing faux-pas.  Time to flog the interns again.  Huh  Cry  Wink

ATB,
Sam
Coughitup

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2010, 04:56 PM »

So I bought one of these. A rtf warm canard to be exact. I have taken it out in moderate winds(for the kite?). probably 3 to 5 mph. It flew well and once I got the hang of it, I really enjoyed it. It was a pleasure to leave the feild with nothing broke or missing. It definetly flys a lot different then any rc plane or helicopter I have flown. I would consider myself a rc novice. You basicaly point the vector thrust the way you want to go and the kite(term used very loosely) follows. It allows you to make some very sharp turns and 0 foot takeoffs. I got around 8 minutes of flying but I was initally using way too much power. I have never used any of the new type batteries but it takes a lot longer then the 20 minutes they say it takes to charge. Maybe the batteries need conditioning. The radio works well and is 2.4 ghz so the range is great. Kite constuction is good and the instuctions cover everything. Then connection on the canard for the power unit uses standard fittings. It would be interesting to mount this unit on a manta and do some gliding. I wish they would have included a bridle for powerless flying. This will be great for the wonderfull roseville flys Wink.

Bryan
mikenchico
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2010, 06:50 PM »

The Canard doesn't use a bridle, just a single point on the spine, a little pigtail larksheaded to the spine, with a couple of stoppers to define the adjustment range. If those stoppers are not on the kite/plane let me know and I'll get you the measurements for the placement, you could actually just mark the upper & lower points for reference.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2010, 07:27 PM »

We should one here in Chico in a week or so.  We'll be sure to post some video.
If you need one there is a link posted on the right had side bar and you can buy direct from Premier RC or you can drop me an email and we can get you one also.

Steve ... Ancient One
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
xuzme720
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2010, 07:35 PM »

I might need to check one out... it might actually be cheaper since I have my own gear...well, electronics-wise anyway. Grin

Asfink tersez wot....

Exactly! Party on, Garth!
Coughitup

« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2010, 08:25 PM »

The Canard doesn't use a bridle, just a single point on the spine, a little pigtail larksheaded to the spine, with a couple of stoppers to define the adjustment range. If those stoppers are not on the kite/plane let me know and I'll get you the measurements for the placement, you could actually just mark the upper & lower points for reference.
That would be great Mike. I would really appreciate it. I imagine it  should fly just fine with the pigtail  in place.

We should one here in Chico in a week or so.  We'll be sure to post some video.
If you need one there is a link posted on the right had side bar and you can buy direct from Premier RC or you can drop me an email and we can get you one also.
I would have ordered through you Steve if I would have known that was an option. I will let you know when I am ready to try out some different models(or need some parts).

I might need to check one out... it might actually be cheaper since I have my own gear...well, electronics-wise anyway
For 40 more dollars you get a 4 channel receiver and transmitter. The manual states that the receiver is programable but there is no info on the site yet.
xuzme720

« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2010, 09:30 PM »

I might need to check one out... it might actually be cheaper since I have my own gear...well, electronics-wise anyway
For 40 more dollars you get a 4 channel receiver and transmitter. The manual states that the receiver is programable but there is no info on the site yet.
It will need to wait a little while as I have just bought a Saber II, a QPSUL, a 4D and the Tensor 5.0...
My kite budget is GONE for the near future!

Asfink tersez wot....

tonycarl60
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2010, 12:28 AM »

Hey mike, I also have the vector Canard and if you can get the measurements for the line attachment, that will be greatly appreciated  Smiley
zippy8
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2010, 01:21 AM »

Nothing new under the sun....  Wink

Nice story and more pics. here.

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
zippy8
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2010, 01:28 AM »

I have never used any of the new type batteries but it takes a lot longer then the 20 minutes they say it takes to charge. Maybe the batteries need conditioning.

The term with multi-cell LiPos is "balancing"; getting all three cells in this case to the same voltage. It looks to me like the supplied charger doesn't have a balancer port so it is possible that the cells are mismatched, leading to poor run times and possibly to pack damage if one cell is dropping below 3.7volts during use. You'll get no joy from the techniques you'd employ with NiCad or NiMh cells (cycling, slow charging, etc.)

Oh yes... for recharging the normal recommendation is 1C - one times the pack's capacity - so all LiPo packs should take 1 hour to recharge. You get no performance benefit from fast charging (again unlike NiCad/NiMh) and the potential downside is...
explosive
Admittedly you can usually go to 3C (ie; those 20 minutes you mentioned) without problems.

It is neat looking kit though  Smiley

Mike.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 01:34 AM by zippy8 » Logged

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
Coughitup

« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2010, 07:26 AM »

Nothing new under the sun....  Wink

Nice story and more pics. here.

Mike.

I always thought those looked so cool. The big difference that jumps out to me is not having any flying surfaces.
Coughitup

« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2010, 07:34 AM »

The term with multi-cell LiPos is "balancing"; getting all three cells in this case to the same voltage. It looks to me like the supplied charger doesn't have a balancer port so it is possible that the cells are mismatched, leading to poor run times and possibly to pack damage if one cell is dropping below 3.7volts during use. You'll get no joy from the techniques you'd employ with NiCad or NiMh cells (cycling, slow charging, etc.)

Oh yes... for recharging the normal recommendation is 1C - one times the pack's capacity - so all LiPo packs should take 1 hour to recharge. You get no performance benefit from fast charging (again unlike NiCad/NiMh) and the potential downside is...

Obvioulsy I have been out of rc long enough for there to some major improvements in batteries. Thanks for the info. I will have to do some research.
Bryan
xuzme720

« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2010, 07:38 AM »

Just be careful if you don't have a balancing charger...if the individual cells get too far out of sync with each other, you can have a fire just like shown in the video. Lipo's don't like to be overcharged!

Asfink tersez wot....

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change