GWTW Forum
October 01, 2014, 01:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Premier Vector Powered Kites -Awsome new products!  (Read 6019 times)
Coughitup
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2010, 11:19 AM »

It says balance charger on the charger. So I guess it is ok. An hour just seems like a long time to recharge. Guess I will need some more packs. Smiley
xuzme720
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2010, 11:43 AM »

They do take a while to charge, not the old days with NiCads! But you can't beat the power to weight ratio with them! You will probably want to get at least 2 more packs, have all of them charged before you go out. You should almost be able to go nonstop with some judicious use of the left stick...

Asfink tersez wot....

Exactly! Party on, Garth!
mikenchico
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2010, 12:06 PM »

* Coughitup
* Tonycarl60

The bridle range on the spine is from 38.5" to 41" from the very front, nock included, I have mine sitting right in the middle of that and haven't played with it much to see if there is much difference. So I'm at 39.75".
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 12:19 PM by mikenchico » Logged

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
tonycarl60
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2010, 12:51 PM »

The charger it comes with is a balance charger and has a balance port. Charge current is 1 amp, balance charge is .2 amp. The battery capacity is 1050 ma or a little over 1 amp and has a balance connector,  so a 1 hour charge time is reasonable for this charger. If you want a faster charge i.e. 3c then a different charger is needed, I personally like the Triton chargers. I have some 1300 ma batteries that I might try for more air time. There are also some chargers that will charge multiple batteries at the same time.

I used to fly r/c but got tired of buying and charging all the batteries I would need for a day of flying. This is why I love kite flying, I can do it for hours on end and no batteries needed! When they invent a battery that charges in 1 minute and has a 1 hour run time then I might get back into r/c!
tonycarl60

« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2010, 12:53 PM »

Mike, thanks for the measurement Smiley
Coughitup
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2010, 02:19 PM »

Thanks Mike. Smiley I noticed two plugs on the charger one syas 25 and the other 35. The battery plugs into the 35. Do I use the 25? Definetly different from the nicads.
tonycarl60

« Reply #36 on: March 20, 2010, 12:01 AM »

The 35 port is for 3 cell packs which is what the kite came with and is why the connector fits, the 25 port is for 2 cell packs which the kite doesn't use.
zippy8
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2010, 11:33 AM »

Wouldn't that be 3S and 2S ?

It's good that it has a balancing charger. Reassuring.

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document