GWTW Forum
April 20, 2014, 01:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Isla Blanca Kite festival  (Read 641 times)
carlosst
Trade Count: (0)

« on: October 20, 2009, 05:28 PM »

2010 Isla Blanca Kite Festival .Feb 27th & 28th

Many of you know of our adventures in Cancun, Mexico. Many of you know we fly kites there. Dorothy and i are trying (3 years now) to start a kite flying tradition in the Cancun area. Most recently at Isla Blanca. A beautiful remote area North of Cancun, Mexico.
  This past Feb we hosted the first two day kite festival at Isla Blanca. The weather was great and the wind.......well it was 18 to 25 0n Sat and 20 to 28 on Sunday. One of my nine foot delta's literally flapped itself to death. Lucky it does not usually blow that hard. This event could be partially sponsored next year. If this happens the people that helped me get this event off the ground will most certainly be the first in line for any benefits. Even without sponsors this event is a good bargain to attend. Dorothy and i know where the bargains are for food and lodging. I have been going to the area for 18 years. I am not a native but i know how not to be a tourist.  This event hosts kids from two local orphanages. This year they got food, a kite, a toy a take with them, and a chance to run around on the beach all day. We got to enjoy their smiles. We have a optional over night tour to three Mayan ruin sites planned as well. Come join us in this lovely, lovely location for kite flying and relaxing. E-mail me with questions. More later.

God Bless
Charles  & Dorothy Stewart
www.letsflykites.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography