GWTW Forum
August 21, 2014, 03:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: jacobs ladder  (Read 4363 times)
ko
Trade Count: (+9)

« on: October 29, 2009, 08:42 PM »

hi all i dont know how advanced this trick is so i will post my question (s) here. i am wondering about the proper sequence for the trick do you start with a say right hand 1/2 backspin and then right hand 1/2 lazy and then left or a series of same hand inputs and then switch?? or does this make any sense at all ?? i have been doing all these tricks separately for a while now and am finally getting around to putting them together i would like to get it right thanx KO

have fun kurt
JimB
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 08:59 PM »

http://www.sportkiteflyer.com/Randyg_Jacobs_Ladder_Tutorial.wmv

Thanks to RandyG you no longer have to stumble around in the dark.

Go towards the light...
ko

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 09:23 PM »

thanx jim i have watched that vid as well as most of the others.. as u pointed out the answer was there right in front of me DUH!!! i think what threw me is were mr.G states that he is not worried about right hand left hand sequence for the sake of the tutorial thanx again ko

have fun kurt
Beachbum
Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 10:10 PM »

Generally I think it's easier to use the same hand to start the rotation, i.e. Right pull, flip, right pull, flip, etc.
lasapcheong
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 10:12 PM »

If those Sea Devils are the ones you are trying them out on, they are pretty easy for JLs.  Wink

-Darryl

"One day I'll learn to comete my quad and hover my dual-line for a minute anywhere in the window"
Kiting Below Horizons : http://www.youtube.com/user/cheongchunti
ko

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 10:46 PM »

they are fearless and yes most everything so far is easy with them the reason i posted is i am really working on keeping smooth with both left and right inputs for all that i can do and getting everything right which is not always easy when you have to depend on vids and an occasional kite party to get it right that is why i asked about proper sequence for the JL so i do appreciate all of your help thanx again KO
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 10:49 PM by ko » Logged

have fun kurt
fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2009, 11:07 PM »

with the trick in two halves, the half backspin, and half lazy, each half can be done with the same hand. together they make one "rung" of the ladder, so to speak. experienced fliers would notice if the "rungs" don't alternate direction but i don't think anyone pays attention to whether the two halves alternate.

it's definitely more difficult to alternate the halves, than the rungs. alternating the halves seems to interrupt the momentum of the kite, where at the completion of a rung, the kite seems to be in a neutral position, ready to continue in either direction.

Fdeli
jaybett
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2009, 12:47 AM »

Fearless is an easy kite to Jacob's Ladder, once you get the sequence down. Like most, if not all fliers, I wanted to do the Jacob's Ladder, before my skills were up to the task.

Two things that helped me with the Fearless was when the nose comes up into the fade, begin the Barrel Roll into the Turtle, don't allow the nose to go deep, before you do the the 1/2 Lazy.

Once you learn the sequence for the Jacob's ladder, alternating hands is not a problem.

Jay

JimB
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2009, 12:58 AM »

Basically, in a textbook JL, everything alternates.
ko

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2009, 12:50 PM »

martin has a very good 1 also the way he repeats things, i find helpful...but   it really helps to have ideas from others to wrap your brain around it.  http://www.youtube.com/user/DPmama74#p/u/25/11D9jvckX1Y

have fun kurt
DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2009, 01:01 PM »

Martin does really good tutorials. It was his video that helped me crack the Taz.

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
ko

« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2009, 07:35 PM »

` jay getting the input for the 1/2 lazy before the kite got to nose deep is what was holding me back thanks to all KO
« Last Edit: November 02, 2009, 07:42 PM by ko » Logged

have fun kurt
chrispie

« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2009, 07:40 PM »

During the half lazy susan, where the nose is now pointing towards you, what is the input to get it into the fade again?

Isit a long pull with slack (like how u get a fade from a flare), or is it more like a pop with slack?

Decide . Commit . Succeed
My Poisons:
-Eolo Genesis
-Flying Wings Airwave
-Widowmaker Std Custom
-Talon UL
-Talon Std
jaybett
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2009, 11:51 PM »

The input I use is the same as pulling from a flare to a fade.

Jay
DaveH
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2009, 07:52 AM »

you don't need any slack when going from the half lazy (nose in) to the fade.  Just a smooth pull.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document