GWTW Forum
October 22, 2014, 03:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SF2.3 ul or BMK MUSE Lt  (Read 3990 times)
anOldMan
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2009, 04:14 PM »

Or use a Standard kite.  I am beginning the find that people are using the UL kite (probable because of when wind goes below 3 mph) instead of the Std kite. The Std should be your first kite not the UL. Learn the fly the Std kite in low wind (MOVE YOUR FEET) and you will greatly profit from the experience. Wink

Hill  :-? :-?   What hill?   I don't remember any HILL!!  :-? :-?

anOldMan
iwannafly

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2009, 04:42 PM »

I was looking at the UL kites because of the way my Quantum performs, or rather dosen't, Sad when the wind drops down. I don't mind moving around to get it going again, but I only have a soccer field to fly in and I find I run out of space reeeaal fast.

I know the SF UL will do better in these situation, but how about the MUSE Std. or MANTIS Std? Do these kites fly similar to the SF UL under the same wind conditions? Or would the Lt/UL BMKs better bridge the gap from light wind up to moderate/strong wind where the Quantum can step back in?
Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2009, 05:10 PM »

Personally I fly the standard BMK's but this is just a personal preference.  I find the standard versions comfortable down to about 2 mph ... particularly the case with the Muse (YMMV).  If you are really going to switch back to the Quantum once the wind picks up I'd recommend buying an Ultra Light however ... experience tells me that once you have flown a BMK you won't be so eager to fly that Quantum any more so based on that ... go for a standard.

Steve ... Ancient One
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
iwannafly

« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2009, 05:35 PM »

Thanks alot Steve.  Angry

I was afraid that would happen. I just hoped know one would point it out. Wink

This Ken guy must be one he!! of a kite builder.

I wonder if I can get a BMK to match the colours of my Quantum. Off to the colorizer! Grin
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2009, 06:33 PM »

this Ken guy is one hell of a kitemaker!!!
make sure to set a time limit on that colorized!!!you will need it!!!!

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
GEB
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2009, 08:31 PM »

Good catch Steve - Yes I was talking about an Exile standard and not a UL. I believe flying an Exile UL in 15 MPH winds would qualify as a crime in most states.

I have been flying my Exile standard when others were struggling to keep various UL's in the air and have actually had people come up to me at these times and say what kind of UL is that, I need one of those.
This certainly is not a testimony of my skill but rather a statement of the kind of kite Ken has made. I have three of them just so I can get to fly one when I am out with other people.

Finally, Rob your statement about the colorizer is the best advice here (IMO)
stapp59
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2009, 02:32 AM »

Personally I fly the standard BMK's but this is just a personal preference.  I find the standard versions comfortable down to about 2 mph ... particularly the case with the Muse (YMMV).  If you are really going to switch back to the Quantum once the wind picks up I'd recommend buying an Ultra Light however ... experience tells me that once you have flown a BMK you won't be so eager to fly that Quantum any more so based on that ... go for a standard.

+1  Go for the standard 1st, then the UL.  Both are sweet!
indigo_wolf
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2009, 09:24 AM »

If you haven't already, you'll probably want to read this thread on the BMK forum:
Last Call - Muse 1.0

ATB,
Sam
ko
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2009, 09:41 AM »

thanx sam a vent it is then!!

have fun kurt
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change