GWTW Forum
October 30, 2014, 04:19 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Electric car waxer gadget...which one?  (Read 7157 times)
browndude3649
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2009, 08:02 AM »

thanks for the info tcope. i bought one of "el cheapos" the other day. I' m on vaca this week so i can knockout a good 3month wax.
Question aboot the hard waxes that come in the tins right next to the liquid waxes. Do you use those with an orbital, an dare they the same LSP as liquid?
tcope
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2009, 08:15 AM »

Question aboot the hard waxes that come in the tins right next to the liquid waxes. Do you use those with an orbital, an dare they the same LSP as liquid?
The hard waxes in a tin perform exactly the as liquid waxes. Once they dry they both have the same composition.

I use both. If I'm going to apply the wax by hand (and I still do this a lot) I still like waxes in tins. If I know I'm going to use it exclusively with my DA, I buy the liquid. I have a few, such as Megs #16 or  Collinite 476s that only come in a tin. If I apply these with a DA I just scoop a small pea size amount up on my finger and dab it into the applicator.

I good hard wax for winter time is Collinite 476s. Harbor Freight had it on clearance about a year ago and they don't carry it any more. I don't know if you would be able to find it locally but keep an eye out. Other then that I'd go with Megs NXT 2.0 (available in any auto parts store).

Keep your applicators clean. I like to wash then by hand with a little bit of Tide Free liquid. It really does a great job of dissolving the wax. Make sure you rinse out all of the detergent.

Todd Copeland
Member of T.I.S.K.K
Memeber of Utah Kite Fliers
http://www.utahkitefliers.org
ancnthiflr
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2009, 09:55 AM »

Regarding a good carnuba wax....S100 at your local Harley Davidson store. It's the same wax as p21s "concours" wax, a "blend of german and brazilian carnuba wax and other proprietary ingredients".
Usually $16.95 for the s100 vs $29.95 for the p21s. In Hawaii, though,  we pay more due to shipping costs.
kiteking
Trade Count: (+11)

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2009, 10:39 AM »

In Hawaii, though,  we pay more due to shipping costs.

You pay more for living in a tropical paradise.

My folks used to live in the Virgin Islands and people all wanted to visit. My fathers deal was he would buy the booze they buy the food. I recently came across a bottle (1/5) of Rum with a price sticker from Woolworths, 0.95

"Wind to your back, Kite in the sky."

MikeM
Brookings, OR  - KP 4-11

#518  -    #110883 -

ko
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2009, 05:21 PM »

my girlfriend just saw here car after i used the scratch x and a decent soft wax i think i am going to b a very happy man tonight!! thanx T the meg scratch x works better by far than anything i have used before 

have fun kurt
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change