GWTW Forum
August 22, 2014, 01:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flying in Las Vegas Valley Area  (Read 1775 times)
reddobie
Trade Count: (+32)

« on: November 08, 2009, 07:11 PM »

Hello All, I new here.  I guess I am a old school flyer, I bought my first Trlby in 1986.  I have a TOTL Hawaiian, a TOTL Sunset Spin-Off, TOTL NSR, 2 from Tori Tako a Raven and a Hawk, Spiderwing, and some other kite.  I am guess here, but I stopped flying sometime in the late 90's and now I want to start up again.  I have purchased a Prism E2 and E3. 

So here is my question to the flyers in the Las Vegas, NV area.  I know that some fly at the Silver Bowl and also Desert Breeze Park, but are there any good flying sites up in the Northwest part of the Las Vegas Valley?  I hope to meet some of the local flyers someday.

Mark
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 07:25 PM by reddobie » Logged

chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 08:03 PM »

I'm near Craig & Jones. That is definitely North West. There is a huge park near Summerlin Parkway.

Send me an email.

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
kiteking
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 08:12 PM »

I guess I am a old school flyer, I bought my first Trlby in 1986.  I have a TOTL Hawaiian, a TOTL Sunset Spin-Off, TOTL NSR, 2 from Tori Tako a Raven and a Hawk, Spiderwing, and some other kite. 
Mark

Got to love old school kites

"Wind to your back, Kite in the sky."

MikeM
Brookings, OR  - KP 4-11

#518  -    #110883 -

fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2009, 09:59 PM »

john is there a reliable way to get off the turf and onto the grass in that park. the real grass looks soooo wonderful but from what i can tell is always blocked off.

every time i've been there it's been on one of the fake grass fields. still great if the wind is there though.

Fdeli
reddobie

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2009, 10:19 PM »

John, you must be just down the street from me.  I am at Jones and Ann.  And yes, I have thought about using Kellogg Park at Washington and Buffalo.  I will send you an email.

Mark

Dano

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 09:44 AM »

Mark,
I always get to fly on the knoll of grass at this park, when i'm in Vegas and it's not Friday..

You really need to make the trip to Silver Bowl though on a Friday. It is quite fun hanging with all those guys. Well worth the trip. It ain't that far,
Except for me to get to Las Vegas from Reno.  Smiley
Jim Foster
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2009, 09:18 PM »

I'm near Craig & Jones. That is definitely North West. There is a huge park near Summerlin Parkway.

John

Is that Bruce Trent Park?

Fly Together! Share the Joy, Share the Fun
Dano

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2009, 10:14 PM »

I dont think so..
you're very close though.
I've got these coordinates in my gps as the location..

N36 10.845 W115 16.523
fidelio

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2009, 10:21 PM »

clickable -> Google Maps view and info on that park.

Fdeli
Dano

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2009, 10:33 PM »

And here's my favorite place to be on a Friday night...

N36 04.960 W115 01.533

Grin
reddobie

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2009, 11:09 PM »

John

Bruce Trent Park is at Vegas and Rampart.  The park in Summerlin is Kellogg Park. It is like 8000 W Washington, from Buffalo to Durango.

reddobie

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2009, 11:11 PM »

Mark,
I always get to fly on the knoll of grass at this park, when i'm in Vegas and it's not Friday..

You really need to make the trip to Silver Bowl though on a Friday. It is quite fun hanging with all those guys. Well worth the trip. It ain't that far,
Except for me to get to Las Vegas from Reno.  Smiley

I do plan on going out to the Silver Bowl some Friday.  But most Fridays I am busy.

How late are they out to at Silver Bowl?

Mark

fidelio

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2009, 02:49 AM »

in the spring, summer, and fall, at least until the lights go out at around 11:15pm, sometimes later. in the winter though it kinda depends on how cold it is, and really depends on whether there's wind. Cheesy

Fdeli
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document