GWTW Forum
October 25, 2014, 09:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Import duty for German Kite shipped to the US  (Read 5445 times)
dflinkmann
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2010, 10:07 AM »

When I am buying some smaller things in the states, i probably ask a local to buy and send it over, as it is much cheaper than buying directly from the shop. Ofcourse I could end in paying VAT, but it is still cheaper as I can use USPS instead of UPS. A great exception is GWTW-Kites as they always made competetive prices even for the shipping.

So if you need some smaller parts from Germany, ask around if someone from Germany could buy it for you and ship it over in a small envelope Wink

I know I was long time away and I will probably be not too often online, but I am still there are ready to help out.

Cheers,

Daniel

thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2010, 10:33 AM »

just for the informative purpose: Don was referring to a 150-200# package that had a kite in it that he had purchased from the maker directly......nothing doing with a shop on this one...

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
JimB
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2010, 08:50 PM »

Hey Daniel.

Good to see you here.

I hope you are still making kites.
Bgywrinkle
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2010, 01:02 PM »

Sam,

I don't use a photo hosting  site, so I posted a pic from the first flight of the new baby as my profile picture. Hope you can see it well enough.  Other pics are posed on my facebook page.(hope that's OK to say).

Don

May you be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.
fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2010, 03:06 PM »

oh wow you got a dragon? dunno how they fly but man those things look friggin' awesome.

Fdeli
Bgywrinkle
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2010, 01:22 PM »

Ok, after viewing Robs post in the webshots thread, I joined Picasa and This is my first attempt to post a picture.

This is the first flight of the Zimmermann dragon that this thread was started about.  The place is PJP in Dorchester, MA on the 20th of Dec.  The dragon went up, the traffic stopped on 93, the dragon went down, the traffic went bact to normal. It pulls like a truck in 10mph winds.  Love it!

Thanks Rob for the post.

Don
« Last Edit: January 19, 2010, 03:57 PM by Bgywrinkle » Logged

May you be the kind of person your dog thinks you are.
fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2010, 03:36 PM »

that is sooo cool, and a fun story to go with as well. it looks incredible. i don't have the courage to ask what they cost so i'll just say, thanks for sharing, and i hope to see one in person some day.

Fdeli
indigo_wolf
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2010, 03:39 PM »

i don't have the courage to ask what they cost so i'll just say, thanks for sharing, and i hope to see one in person some day.

Probably as much as it costs to feed a real dragon for a season (high cost of goats).  Cheesy  On the plus side, you don't have to fight off angry villagers with singed crops.  Huh

ATB,
Sam
mikenchico
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2010, 08:28 PM »

Those are very cool, we were lucky enough to see one during WSIKF this last year, Dale Ray's I believe. I real crowd pleaser, you have fun with that.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
JimB
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2010, 10:51 PM »

Don't be so sure.. I mean, look at that thing?!

Cheesy

Very cool kite!

i don't have the courage to ask what they cost so i'll just say, thanks for sharing, and i hope to see one in person some day.

Probably as much as it costs to feed a real dragon for a season (high cost of goats).  Cheesy  On the plus side, you don't have to fight off angry villagers with singed crops.  Huh

ATB,
Sam
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change