GWTW Forum
November 28, 2014, 12:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Manga Love  (Read 3149 times)
Beachbum
Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2009, 09:10 PM »

Hentai love, definitely different than Manga love LOL.

Yeah, that's how you get those DIY Vented kites.

To prevent further rail disasters in this thread I will say ditch the SF and Soul and get something around the lines of a Cosmic or Vendetta. 

Or you can keep it in the family and pick up a Full size Vana.
KaoS
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2009, 02:29 AM »

... ditch the SF and Soul and get something around the lines of a Cosmic or Vendetta... 

Nah, it can't be the kite.  I've seen Baressi working those SFs, they are great kites!  Grin

Kevin Sanders

Willunga, South Australia
SMG
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2009, 04:07 PM »

Nah, it can't be the kite.  I've seen Baressi working those SFs, they are great kites!  Grin
From what I have seen Baressi could fly a wet napkin on 25lb lines in a hurricane. I on the other hand, not so much.  Embarrassed

I am sure that there is nothing wrong with my flying wings kites, but do feel that the RSky just fits me better. I do think that I might switch out the SF and Soul though at some point.

Cheers,
Sean
kitebug
Trade Count: (+22)

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2009, 07:05 PM »

LOL

Volando!
Cisco
Bob D
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2009, 06:32 AM »

I definitely like kites that are "spinnier" too. I have a harder time tricking kites that need bigger inputs but it's more my fault than the kites fault. I liked JimB's xt.z because it's so quick to slack. The kites that need bigger inputs like my Team Next Up is a challenge (and Jim commented that it doesn't hand out tricks) because it needs stronger inputs.

Even though I prefer kites that need smaller inputs (like my Deep Space and Widow Maker Spider) I'm working on developing my skills to fly the ones that need bigger inputs (like the Nirvanas).

It's all good!

Bob D.
SMG

« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2009, 03:23 PM »

well, went out in 20km/h wind today which is about 12mph, but it felt way higher than that. Didn't fly the Manga but thought what the heck and tossed the Soul up. The weird thing now is that I can do half axles, and get into fades, turtles etc much easier with the Soul than I could all summer. I just had to do it on another kite.

Of course, I broke my 150' line at the sleeving so I will have to do some surgery tonight on that lineset. Up to that point, I was having wicked fun. Oh, and fade launches came much easier now as well. BTW, the Soul is pretty sturdy, it took some real pounding today, but held together like a champ. Thought I broke it at one point, but it was just the lower spreader coming apart at the junction. Popped it back together and voila, up and running. Now I just need to get the Soul cleaned off, its covered in mud. Its been really rainy up here for a few days.

A vented kite would have made alot more sense today.

Cheers,
Sean
tempest
Trade Count: (+11)

« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2009, 06:36 PM »

Hi Sean,
           I am sorry the SF UL does not click with you as even the Soul.These kites from Flying Wings do not fly as good as the stated low wind speed and will fly much better in their rated middle range as you have found out with the Soul
           As a beginner ,i offered you the SF UL as it is a kite that is slow in its movements, and it gives one a lot of time to see what the kite is doing and thereby affords correction in the inputs. However, you seems to be doing fine with the R-Sky kite, so i will take it that your style is more inclined to that type of flying.
          It is strange that you were getting problems in holding a fade  launch with the SF, as opposed with another beginner  who tried the fade on the same SF and was doing an excellent job in his first try. Well, ,,, it just shows that every one has different capabilities on different kites .
         The winter is coming, and that means i will be hibernating until spring the next year, and i will surely get i touch with you when that time comes around and maybe we can get together and exchange ideas on flying.
                   Smooth and gentle wings
                                                     William.
SMG

« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2009, 07:28 PM »

William, I think that the SF is a fine kite, but I needed something a little more responsive to teach me the tricks I was trying for. I wonder if now I would have an easier time with the SF after feeling what the Manga did and seeing how that translated to success with the Soul. I was able to coin toss the SF into the air much easier than the Soul, which I cannot actually do that trick on. I am still learning all this kite stuff so inconsistency is probably as much my fault as anything. The SF is light years ahead of the HQ Bebop though, and for that I am happy. Do not worry yourself about the SF, it is staying put until at least next year. If I am working in the spring, I may pop for something a little edgier then, but for now I am sure that next time I fly it I will be much happier with it.

I am sure we will get together in the new year for some flying, I cannot wait. I still try to sneak out here and there when the winds are good. But as you know they are getting stronger and stronger this time of year.

Cheers,
Sean
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum