GWTW Forum
April 16, 2014, 04:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Manga Love  (Read 2667 times)
SMG
Trade Count: (+3)

« on: November 14, 2009, 03:01 PM »

Ok, I finally got out to fly my new Manga (well new to me at least) yesterday. At first I was a little disappointed, but when the wind picked up and got steady the kite was a totally new beast. I normally fly either a SF2.5UL or Soul and have been fairly unimpressed with those kites, but from the minute the wind was decent the Manga was a total flying machine.

This is the first kite that I have been able to fade from launch and get to actually stay in the air. I was doing fade launches like no tomorrow on this thing. I actually did my very first half axel on this kite, more than once. They were sloppy, but the wind was marginal. Still having issues getting the kite to roll up at all, not sure what is going on there.

I did notice that it was just way easier to keep the Manga flying than the Soul or SF. The Manga is way spinnier (new word there folks) than my other kites. I would be doing loops to unwind the lines and it almost wouldn't stop looping. I was amazed at how easy it was to stall the kite too. I could stall the kite anywhere any time.

Color me impressed. I will be looking to RSky for my next kite. Now I just need to figure out what that will be. The only downside I see with the kite is the standoff connectors on the sail. I actually broke two of them taking the kite apart the first time. Not the best design there, but I have replaced them with a much better design.

Oh, and when will manufacturers start to glue the tips onto standoff's? What a major pain that is when they pop off. Nearly everyone glues them on once they get the kite anyway.

Cheers,
Sean
toryu
Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2009, 04:15 PM »

Hi Sean,
don't take it personally, but if you have problems with the SF 2.5 ul and a fade launch, your doing something wrong ...

It is quite heavy for an ul, so it needs some wind to stay in the fade position, but the fade launch itself is real easy with this kite.
And half axels, thats a no-brainer with the SF ...

Excuse me, but It sounds a little bit as if you could use some help/tips from some other good pilots ...

Greestings,  Jens
fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2009, 04:44 PM »

it's great you're having a good time. i really enjoy your sharing of enthusiasm and happiness. it's a reminder too all, it's the reason we fly. keep it up.
               Smiley

Fdeli
SMG

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2009, 04:47 PM »

Jens, to each his own as they say. I just feel that a smaller more responsive kite fits my style better. I just feel that the Flying Wings are cumbersome.

I did not say that I could not do the fade launch with the SF, but it is not nearly as easy. I cannot get the SF to stay in a fade as controllable as the Manga. I don't know how many times the SF has just nose dived out of a fade into a lawn dart. The Manga was just so much easier to balance and trickier.

Maybe the SF and Soul just don't work for me, could be thats all it is.

Cheers,
Sean
toryu
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2009, 03:57 PM »

Yes, the Manga is definetely trickier and sharper!

Maybe your problem come also from the f....ng bridle of the SF ... Wink
You still got the red and blue balls on it?  Buaaahhhh ...

And yes, the SF feels slugish, that's why I sold mine!

Read you,   Jens
fworley
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2009, 04:14 PM »

manga Love

Does nothing for me ... but each to their own ...

-Frazer
xuzme720
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2009, 05:17 PM »

I uh.... umm
I don't know what to say...
I was expecting a kite video... Huh

Asfink tersez wot....

Exactly! Party on, Garth!
ko
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2009, 06:51 PM »

he's flying a video?? what is a manga?? Huh

have fun kurt
zippy8
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2009, 07:31 PM »

Guys... try to maintain the required minimum amount of sanity and comprehensibility in your posts. They are quite low minimums after all.

Manga to the rest of the world, Manga for us lot.

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
fworley
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2009, 07:40 PM »

You can take your mod hat ... and stick it where the sun don't shine !

-Frazer Tongue
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 07:46 PM by fworley » Logged
Beachbum
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2009, 07:59 PM »

You can take your mod hat ... and stick it where the sun don't shine !

-Frazer Tongue

...and that is called Hentai.
xuzme720
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2009, 08:07 PM »

...and that is called Hentai.
Huh Huh

ROFLMAO

Asfink tersez wot....

Exactly! Party on, Garth!
zippy8
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2009, 08:10 PM »

Just to make it official:-

Wink

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
ko
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2009, 08:32 PM »

ok so he's flying a japanese cartoon! thanx mike i never would have guessed

have fun kurt
SMG

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2009, 09:02 PM »

Hentai love, definitely different than Manga love LOL. It's a sweet kite, my only base to compare it to are the SF and Soul. It seriously triumps those.

My SF doe still have the stock bridle on it. I don't really see much of a difference between the red and blue bead settings. That is just one floaty slow kite in my opinion. I am sure with some more experience I might change my mind. I was just amazed at the difference the Mangs brought to the table
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography