GWTW Forum
December 20, 2014, 06:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Cellular: Andromeda Px9  (Read 4393 times)
Ace
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2009, 06:52 PM »

I can't imagine how many nights you stayed up thinking how to build that thing let alone building it. What an effort Smiley
As good as it gets Cool
Love the name too Wink

In the bag... Quantum Fire, E2 Ice, Micron Red, Deepspace STD and UL Blue, Nirvana Orange, KFX Red, Mohawk XS yellow.
reddobie
Trade Count: (+33)

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2009, 07:15 PM »

Looks great .  I love it.

Fore Check

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2009, 02:26 AM »

I can't imagine how many nights you stayed up thinking how to build that thing let alone building it. What an effort Smiley

Actually, the "how" is a big chunk of the fun part for me.  A wise and talented kite builder once told me that it's a blend of art and engineering.  Frankly, I'm far better at the engineering half of the equation than the artistic (I'm an engineer by degree/trade/occupation)

Believe it or not, this one is fairly straightforward from a nuts/bolts/bones standpoint.  It was just a lot of details.

As good as it gets Cool
Love the name too Wink

Thanks.   Cool  This is the first kite I've made and actually named without soliciting input from others or naming it something obvious (like "Big red box kite"  Tongue )

I took another video yesterday evening before taking it down; I had it in the air for about 7 hours.  This was shot as the sun was setting there at the last.  Just a nice, relaxing afternoon of flying.

http://s105.photobucket.com/albums/m225/fore_check/Andromeda%20Px9/Second%20Flight%20110809/?action=view&current=MOV09683.flv
« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 02:29 AM by Fore Check » Logged
kiten00b
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2009, 10:23 AM »

congratulations, that's a very striking design!
ainokea

« Reply #19 on: November 14, 2009, 09:00 AM »

Very cool, very cool. Good job and nice work.  Grin

Take a S.W.A.G. at it.
Tonka
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2009, 11:29 AM »

Incredible!!! the amount of talent and patience that people have always stuns me......love it!
Fore Check

« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2009, 12:36 PM »

Thanks!  The best thing about this kite:  I get to fly it!   Cheesy

Matter of fact, it's up in the air out front of my house right now.   Tongue

Here's some pics taken today:

fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2009, 04:49 PM »

the way the light plays with the kite in the middle photo it looks a bit like stained glass. gorgeous kite.

Fdeli
Fore Check

« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2009, 04:55 PM »

the way the light plays with the kite in the middle photo it looks a bit like stained glass. gorgeous kite.

I got another one with the light and shadows looking pretty sharp today  Cool

xuzme720
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #24 on: November 14, 2009, 06:22 PM »

Fantastic! She doesn't have a bad side, that's for sure. Absolutely gorgeous!  Grin Grin

Asfink tersez wot....

Exactly! Party on, Garth!
Lex B

« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2009, 07:45 AM »

Love this Px9.
Pely's and other celular kites were always my big fafourites in my SLK days.  Sad
The characteristics felt during your first flight seem to be baked in in this kind of kites.
whatever way you position the cells, they never pull too hard, but don't need an excessive amount of wind.
they can even be flown backwards or upside down, same characteristics. Cheesy

I even used to make them out of [kite]paper and thin wooden rods; Those were the days  hmmmmm !!

remember: amateurs built the ark ..
professionals built the Titanic.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Kite Classifieds Ad
Fly Market

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum