GWTW Forum
April 19, 2014, 10:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns?  forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Flowforms  (Read 1331 times)
streamhawk
Trade Count: (0)

« on: April 11, 2011, 01:09 PM »

I have three sleds currently that I'm quite happy with, Premier's 24, 36, and 81, just looking for something a bit different and am looking at Flowforms. I know these have been festival mainstays for years. I find three that appeal to me,  from Gomberg, his Skyform, also the Sutton Flowform, and HQ's Flowform, I'm looking at two larger sizes, what would basically be a 60 or 125 (give or take)  in each of the three.

My question is this, are there any main differences in lifting abilities between the Sutton, Skyform and the HQ, and stability in the sky would be a concern to me, don't wanna be taking everyone's kite out of the sky with a wandering flowform. So, lack of wandering about and laundry lifting are the two deciding points.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Bill
DGomberg

« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 09:37 PM »

I'll resist the temptation to recommend any of the three ... Wink

What I can tell you is that the key to the wandering issue is an adequate tail for any of the kites. Check out our Giant Streamer (available from Steve).

Also note that AirAffairs is not currently making the larger kites. The HQ comes in the rainbow/black/white version. The SkyForm can be made in any color you like.

If you want to lift stuff, try and go with the 120/125 version.

Hope that helps!

David
Mrhide

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2011, 04:07 AM »

If you're building incline, give this one a shot:

http://www.kitemonger.com/kiteplan/airmonger/index.html
streamhawk

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2011, 06:45 AM »

thanx David, the large flag streamer is exactly what I intended to use on any of the flowforms I end up choosing, appreciate your input! Oh....AirAffairs, I take it that's Sutton, they aren't making which larger kites, the 125? Or do you mean the 252 and 450?

Bill
« Last Edit: April 12, 2011, 06:55 AM by streamhawk » Logged
kitenut75
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2011, 09:01 PM »

I've a Skyhook 60, one of the most unconventional lifters I've seen and it packs quite a punch. Problem is the lack of stability and its pointy rear end makes attaching a streamer look out of place. I may have to add a drogue or spins sock instead  Wink

Anyone has any experience with these?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2011, 06:41 AM by kitenut75 » Logged

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo da Vinci
DGomberg

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 06:29 AM »

Air Affairs makes the Suttons. Great kite - great workmanship. But at this point, they are not producing custom 60, 125, 252, or 450.

David
streamhawk

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2011, 06:52 AM »

kitenut, I looked at the Skyhook, I think it looks really cool, but I think the flowforms probably fit what I want better.

thanks again David, any word on when AirAffairs will get back to production on the larger size Sutton's? I'm in no hurry at all, could even make this decision later this year or first of next, just doing my homework first.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear in the right margin of the forum and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom of the page)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them. >>>
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

member support is greatly appreciated!

Cal Custom
kitekids.net

Untitled Document
J Hall Photography