GWTW Forum
October 25, 2014, 12:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: LSP 12/4  (Read 2917 times)
Bob D
Trade Count: (+1)

« on: December 03, 2009, 04:29 AM »

If anyone has time and is available, I plan on going in the morning, getting there by 10:00 and staying until mid-afternoon sometime. It looks like a good day - 8-9 mph from the west.

Bob D.
JimB
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2009, 10:54 AM »

I may try to get out there early Tomorrow before work but don't hold me to it.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 10:57 AM by JimB » Logged
Bob D

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 04:10 AM »

I'm leaving by 8:30 ad getting there by 10:00. The forecast is 6-7 mph from the NW. In the past, it's pretty light from that direction. If it's good I'm staying, if it's too light I'm staying a few hours.

Bob D.
JimB
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 09:14 AM »

Couldn't make it.  Sad
Bob D

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 03:40 PM »

It's probably just as well. It wasn't too bad from 10:00 until 12:00 but then the wind died. I left at 12:15 because I  had some Christmas shopping to do anyways.

It's snowing now. I'm glad I got some flight time in.

Bob D.
Kitemac
Trade Count: (+17)

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2009, 04:03 PM »

When you say it is snowing now do you mean the season is over?

I was at LSP on Wednesday from 10-1 expecting winds off the water at 5 mph.  My meter showed 0 - 1.4 mph.  I struggled to keep the 3D up and finally gave up after finding one too many unseen "potholes" at the earthen pier.
temoniprince
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2009, 06:06 PM »

kitemac where in central NJ u live?
temoniprince
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2009, 08:00 PM »

rev flyers will be there tommorrow all day!  come and see us fly lol
Bob D

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2009, 04:22 AM »

We got 8" up by us in Sussex county. I'm glad to see that there isn't anything on the ground "down below". The forecast for the next week isn't very good. I was thinking about LSP for this coming Sunday but it's supposed to rain again.

Bob D.
RobB
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2009, 04:40 AM »

Hey BobD...
Is there any flying up in Sussex ? I get sent up there for work once in a while, and always thought it would be a pretty place to fly. Next to Budd Lake ?
~Rob.

JimB
Global Moderator

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2009, 08:43 AM »

The accident in the Lincoln Tunnel kept me from heading over to Liberty yesterday.

My local field had some decent wind for a change fortunately.

The forecast I'm reading for next week is mostly sunny. Here's hoping.
Bob D

« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2009, 04:51 AM »

Hey Rob,

Sussex County is like any other inland area with hills. That's why I like LSP. I live by Mountain Creek. About 45 minutes south of us, by Andover and Tranquility, there's some open areas. (I think it's Route 517.) You'd probably start on 206 until you got to 517 and head south towards Hackettstown. Some of the open areas are posted so you really can't fly there.

By us, in Hamburg and Vernon, the hills are mostly north/south so you'd want a northerly or southerly wind. Taking 517 north towards Warwick it really flattens out  but I've never tried to find a field up there.

Anything close to us is mostly athletic fields or woods.

If I'm driving, LSP is the best. On the other hand, give me a call and we can see if we can find a good place up by me. My home phone is 973-209-2271.

Bob D.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change