GWTW Forum
October 24, 2014, 12:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the 8th of December  (Read 1699 times)
ezme6
Trade Count: (+18)

« on: December 04, 2009, 10:47 AM »

remember remember the 8th of December

John Lennon Tribute.

"Do what you like"
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 10:53 AM »

How about the 7th?

a date which will live in infamy

Probably politically incorrect to remember.  Roll Eyes

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
GEB
Trade Count: (+3)

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 11:05 AM »

Don't worry in 20 years they will be teaching it never really happened.
Charly
Trade Count: (+22)

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2009, 07:55 PM »

It was 20 years ago today that Led Zepplin played their last show and broke up.

Charly

Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be a convenience store and not a government agency!
kitegirl
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2009, 10:26 AM »

Good things also happened on Dec 8th. Mike was born and I am so glad to have him in my life. Can't ask for better.
mikenchico
Board Moderator

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2009, 11:50 PM »

Boy took a few days to cool down enough to post to your thread ez, the ink hadn't even dried before it was hijacked to draw attention away from John's life. Although John was a well known AH, he chose to use his celebrity to bring the possibility of Love & Peace to nearly as many people as another whom we celebrate this time of year, only a few truly reach beyond their own selfishness and leave an impression over generations. If you doubt that read the comments on the You Tube links. It may sound like I don't but anybody who knows my views knows I'm a fervent supporter of our military and I will mourn those who sacrificed on the 7th, John fell victim to same forces they did and I'll mourn for him on the 8th. I'll go back now to where I started on the 4th.

I've been doing the Lennon thing for a couple days now. A new desktop, a few dozen video's and websites, a new signature/quote on other forums, oh yeah a new avatar a few days ago too. I was weaned on The Beatles, Mom was a fan and I can remember the whole family gathered in front of the TV whenever they were on. I still have the original 45 record she bought, we did a skit to it in Cub Scouts, I was Paul. Then there's the Beatles Fan Club magazines, Beatles Cards, buttons, every album ever released both together and as individuals. The movies and a couple shelves of the books, since Mom gets those for me for my birthday.

My birthday present in 1980 was the loss of John, Dec 8th, it hasn't been a really happy day for 19 years now, but I do often get to put those albums on the turntable and enjoy.

What brings a tear to my eye is that those songs are still as relevant and only a dream today, 40 years later, as they were then.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see." John Lennon, Strawberry Fields

A few of dozens I'll be revisiting over the next few days are Working Class Hero (if you've never seen Cindy Laupers version you owe it to yourself, I clicked it thinking it would be funny, I gained much respect for the girl that just wants to have fun), Rain , Happy X-Mas, & Imagine

« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 12:00 AM by mikenchico » Logged

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
Allen Carter
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+19)

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2009, 12:08 AM »

Kinda odd a McCartney song is sung over that vid. Clueless, or on purpose?

Nothing at all against Paul, but John didn't like that song much.

Allen, AKA kitehead
JimB
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2009, 12:54 AM »

Excellent rendition of Working Class Hero and more applicable now than one would have hoped after all this time.
ezme6
Trade Count: (+18)

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2009, 06:00 AM »

Kinda odd a McCartney song is sung over that vid. Clueless, or on purpose?

Nothing at all against Paul, but John didn't like that song much.

In that video I thought that was the best rendition of "Let it be" that I have ever heard. Awesome vocals, and sung at the right tempo.

"Jesus died for you John Lennon"

"Do what you like"
Kantaxel
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2009, 07:51 AM »

"Jesus died for you John Lennon"

Yes...............HE did.............The reason for the season..............

Kant Fly......might just as well buy!
streamhawk

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2009, 10:23 AM »

it's one of those, "where were you/what were you doing" moments, like the Kennedy assassination, the Beatles on Ed Sullivan, etc. I had just met this girl, she was an artist, all round cool person, that day was the first time we'd gone out. We stopped at a gas station to get some fuel, the guy inside says, "hey, did you hear? John Lennon got shot!" We ended up having a short evening, she and I were both huge Lennon fans. She had drawn a picture of me at one point, funny, it ended up looking more like John and less like me. Hard to believe it's been 29 years,..... wow, we could sure use that voice now.

John Lennon Tribute In My Life

« Last Edit: December 07, 2009, 10:28 AM by streamhawk » Logged
streamhawk

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2009, 02:03 PM »

I just realized, 29 years ago I was 29.....some type of number 9 synchronicity I guess.

Bill
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change