GWTW Forum
October 30, 2014, 12:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Having fun with the E3  (Read 2373 times)
DaveH
Trade Count: (0)
« on: December 01, 2009, 09:01 AM »

I've had this kite for awhile now and have really grown to like it.  Here's some footage of a fun flying session on a nice day.

Having fun with the E3
DWayne
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 02:37 PM »

Nice. Thanks for sharing.  Wink

Denny

I always wanted to be a procrastinator..........
I just never got around to it.
Jimmer
Trade Count: (+9)

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 02:39 PM »

Hey DH,
You making that E3 looking pretty sweet!
Thanks for sharing.
Jim
 Grin
fidelio
Trade Count: (+7)

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 10:23 PM »

good flyin' man. your field looks like a great place to fly, and you certainly make it look fun. thanks for sharing. Cool

Fdeli
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2009, 07:10 AM »

that was a great video!
I love your flapjacks. I love'em with they're excicuted a ways above the ground.  Smiley
Good on'ya!

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
Ace

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2009, 09:51 PM »

How about that... The E3 can actually make a downward turn without crashing.  Tongue Tongue

Hmm I thought it could......... Wink

Contrary to other beliefs.......................... Tongue

Very Nice Work Dave Cool

In the bag... Quantum Fire, E2 Ice, Micron Red, Deepspace STD and UL Blue, Nirvana Orange, KFX Red, Mohawk XS yellow.
RobB

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2009, 04:40 AM »

How about that... The E3 can actually make a downward turn without crashing.  Tongue Tongue

Hmm I thought it could......... Wink

Contrary to other beliefs.......................... Tongue

Very Nice Work Dave Cool
Ace...
You're missing the fact that this E3 has the bridle modifications made to it. Dave was one of the pioneers with the E3, and helped to come up with the mods that make the E3 fly a little more normal.
~Rob.

Ace

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2009, 02:13 PM »

True enough, Must86 Smiley

A slight mod for better rotations at the expense of precision.. nothing wrong with that.

But I very much doubt the E3 will crash at evey downward turn in its stock configuration.

Bit much don't you think Wink

« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 09:17 PM by Ace » Logged

In the bag... Quantum Fire, E2 Ice, Micron Red, Deepspace STD and UL Blue, Nirvana Orange, KFX Red, Mohawk XS yellow.
DaveH
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2009, 06:37 PM »

Appreciate the comments, guys Wink
The kite is actually easy to do a more controlled flapjack with. I just think its so fun to hit it hard and send it into the air a few feet.  I really enjoy the kite's rowdy tendencies. 
RobB

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2009, 11:46 AM »

True enough, Must86 Smiley

A slight mod for better rotations at the expense of precision.. nothing wrong with that.

But I very much doubt the E3 will crash at evey downward turn in its stock configuration.

Bit much don't you think Wink

Hey Ace,
No, I think it was an exageration to make a point. I have to say that the first time I attempted a downward turn with my E3, it was a hair-raising experience. I'm used to the way most Prism kites fly, I have most of the ones worth flying. The ( stock ) E3 is a big departure from the way the rest of them fly. It takes hours of getting used to, or hours of test & tune with the bridle to get it to handle with a familiar feel.
I chose the familiar feel, and am very happy with the way the kite flies now. Maybe some of us are just more resitant to change...
~Rob.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change