GWTW Forum
November 23, 2014, 05:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: P200 Spine for Cosmic TC UL?  (Read 1768 times)
lasapcheong
Trade Count: (+2)

« on: December 09, 2009, 05:29 PM »

Hi,

I'm planning to reframe my old Cosmic TC into UL specs. A quick check shows that the spine is SS P200 rods.

However looking at the SS rod specs from Skyburner's website, P200s (or any non tapered SS rods fo that matter) doesn't come in the longer 40 inch versions, only the shorter 32.5 inch version is available.

I measured the spine and it looks like the length is longer than 32.5 inches, around 34 inches or so. Hope any Cosmc UL owners can shed some light on how long their P200 spine is. Is it a single piece or custom ordered rod?

Thanks
Darryl

"One day I'll learn to comete my quad and hover my dual-line for a minute anywhere in the window"
Kiting Below Horizons : http://www.youtube.com/user/cheongchunti
fworley
Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 05:50 PM »

Your old Cosmic had Aerostuff lower spreaders ? I'll take 'em from you Wink

I'll measure the spine on my UL and get back to you later this evening.

Looks like its a 32.5" spar with ferrule in the end ... sorry for the crappy quality

Anyways - this is the tail of the spine. Seems like the red material is at the
end of the spar - the black material around the ferrule extends from said spar.

So I guess the ferrule makes the total length up to 34" then.

-Frazer
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 06:20 PM by fworley » Logged
lasapcheong
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2009, 07:07 PM »

Thanks for the fast reply Frazer.

No no Aerostuff Lower Spreaders just Icone Whites, which is going to act as a backup spreaders for my main Cosmic. I'll just put some 3PTs as a temp fix before I can get my hands on some Icone Reds for the UL.

Hmm ferrule..so is it a hollow ferrule I assume? There is this rubbery T shape contraption where the leech line runs through that needs to be inserted into the tail..so I assume a hollow ferrule is necessary for that thingy to slot in?

-Darryl

"One day I'll learn to comete my quad and hover my dual-line for a minute anywhere in the window"
Kiting Below Horizons : http://www.youtube.com/user/cheongchunti
fworley
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2009, 08:44 PM »

Hmm ferrule..so is it a hollow ferrule I assume? There is this rubbery T shape contraption where the leech line runs through that needs to be inserted into the tail..so I assume a hollow ferrule is necessary for that thingy to slot in?

No - its solid - least I think it is - I'll look again tomorrow its late now.

There is a HQ ? nock on the end of the ferrule for the leech lines.

I'll take better pics tomorrow - of the whole shebang.

-Frazer
ddrrjjt

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 04:35 AM »

Your old Cosmic had Aerostuff lower spreaders ? I'll take 'em from you Wink

I'll measure the spine on my UL and get back to you later this evening.

Looks like its a 32.5" spar with ferrule in the end ... sorry for the crappy quality

Anyways - this is the tail of the spine. Seems like the red material is at the
end of the spar - the black material around the ferrule extends from said spar.

So I guess the ferrule makes the total length up to 34" then.

-Frazer

HI! I'm italian user, i need your help. I'd like to know the diameter of the ferrule for icon white. Thanks a lot
Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2010, 12:28 PM »

All spurious replies removed.
The question posed was "I'd like to know the diameter of the ferrule for icon white"
Only info I was able to find indicates that the ferrules are .275 inches OD

Steve ... Ancient One
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
Steve
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+39)

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2010, 01:07 PM »

My understanding is that Icones all have the same ID.  If that is correct then a GForce (.285 OD) ferrule will work.  I slid one into an Icone Red to test.

Steve ... Ancient One
-look to the sky with imagination, grasp the wind with outstretched arms and take flight
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum