GWTW Forum
September 18, 2014, 02:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Kaos Designed 'Temptation'- Stealth Bomber  (Read 1945 times)
WinterDaze
Trade Count: (+1)

« on: December 14, 2009, 04:42 PM »

Something wicked this way comes....

« Last Edit: December 20, 2009, 05:34 PM by WinterDaze » Logged

WinterDaze AoF
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2009, 05:28 PM »

those are awesome pics. are they just updated pics from the temptation or is it a newer updated kite?

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
chilese
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+5)

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2009, 05:52 PM »

It's been soooo long since we've done this.

It looks like a California Wasp with one less accent.

There, I feel better now.  Cool

John Chilese: Las Vegas, NV
http://picasaweb.google.com/chilesej
tommymcmillan
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2009, 07:06 PM »

What a great looking kite. Smiley
kiten00b
Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2009, 08:51 PM »

It's been soooo long since we've done this.

It looks like a California Wasp with one less accent.

There, I feel better now.  Cool

Noooo, it looks like a LiteFlite with the graphics reduced and moved outwards.  Roll Eyes

WinterDaze

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2009, 09:14 PM »

Kevin (Kaos) was kind enough to make a custom sail based on the 'Temptation' for me, for simplicity and efficiencies we decided to reduce the number of panels, and this was the outcome.  Cool

I've been lusted after a black based kite for quite some time, and after seeing both the 'Blackbird' QPro and 'Skippy's Custom Benson DS in all black (and there's a few others out there also) it just became to hard to resist. I think the conversation went something like this, "You know that Temptation of yours, well how about we go all Black, bar those little triangles on the wings leading edges, lets do them in red", sure beats dealing with the endless journey on the colourizer.

And being that the 'footy' team I follow has a black and red colour scheme, well it just made sense thats all  Cool

This arvo's looking about perfect for taking it out for a spin  Grin

@ John, lol, your archives are a joy to behold, That Wasp is a half decent looking layout, not to taken by the Liteflite though, as if my opinion matters Wink

WinterDaze AoF
adx1592
Trade Count: (+31)

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2009, 09:53 PM »

Well, winterdaze, you're outcome is quite nice!
love the kite design Cheesy

awesome

-Devin Cobleigh-Morrison
indigo_wolf
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2009, 10:02 PM »

Waiting for blownfuse to chime in.... I believe he has a thing for red and black kites.

Must admit a weakness for dark wings myself.  Roll Eyes  Nice lookin' Temptation.

ATB,
Sam
kitelady7
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2009, 10:23 PM »

At least I know where Kevin is at night... obviously not dish-washing! Roll Eyes

Linda "and your point is?" Sanders
indigo_wolf
Trade Count: (+10)

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2009, 10:43 PM »

At least I know where Kevin is at night... obviously not dish-washing! Roll Eyes

No.... he was washing dishes.... actually he was drying them.... then there was a giant flash and the nylon he was using to dry the dishes just started swirling around in the air and sewed themselves into a kite.  Huh  Huh  True story..... it was straight out of a Disney movie.   Shocked    Oooops... no more late night snack for me.  Sad

ATB,
Sam
JimB
Global Moderator
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2009, 10:59 PM »

It's a handsome kite and no mistake.  Wink
tommymcmillan
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2009, 07:39 PM »

How does it handle,and what could it be compared too?
WinterDaze

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2009, 10:58 PM »

Hey Tommy,

I've only put about 2 hours on this one so far, but word on the street is it's in the region of the Deep Space (I haven't had all that much time on a DS so I'm relying on other 'very qualified' opinions here). It's loaded up 2 weights, 16g and 20g and comes with roll bars as standard. Kevin recommends flying with the 20g up the tail if your going to be flipping and spinning, and playing with both I'd have to agree.

My first impression of the 'Temptation' would be an open 'no nasty surprises'  Cool, whatever I can do with a kite, I can do with this kite, and the thing looks great when its doing it  Grin

I had a close look at the assembly/stitching aspect of it the other night, and it's way up there with the top of the pile boutique kite makers. If I can 'WD40' my skills in the next week or so I'll try and get a small video up of it. but in the mean time here's the Temptation being flown by it's creator

Temptation sport kite

WinterDaze AoF
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document