GWTW Forum
September 17, 2014, 12:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New HQ kites for 2010  (Read 6519 times)
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2009, 09:41 AM »

Pricing on the Yon isn't actually that bad.
ATB,
Sam

the person who has the only lic. to make the Skydance told me that he is not happy about the Yon....and has started the investigation into that kite from HQ....we shall see what occurs now about this.....could be the whole Hampton/Piranha situation again....hope not!!!!!

surprised to not see some new single line kites.....especially one that I know they were planning on.....

r

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
Hadge
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2009, 03:20 PM »

OTOH, the Jam is arguably the best selling kite that HQ has ever had in that particular segment of the market at any rate.

I'd be interested in seeing a Chrome.

I'd be interested in flying a Chrome.

My feeling is, if the Chrome is going to do any business on this side of the pond HQ is going to need to get some out there for fliers to try.

Hard sell at that price even then IMO unless it is amazing.

Not very good.

Amazing.

HQ have always made good quality, mid range, mid price kites. I have several and they are all very good for the money ...but not in the same class as the high end kites, Bensons, J.O.E.Talons, Blue moon etc.  In the middle of 2009 there was a big hike in HQ retail prices ( at least here in the UK) possibly due to the exchange rate. I bought a an HQ Falcon in February when the price was around 100, by August the price was 140!

If the price for the Chrome is right, I wonder if HQ are maybe dipping a toe in the high end market to try the water so to speak. If so they are they will be going head to head with the above and unless as you say it really is something out of this world I doubt if its going to work. 

If I were in the market for a high end kite, I could buy a brand new Deep Space or Talon in my colour choice for less than a Chrome....I know where my money would go.

Age and cunning will always overcome youth and skill!

In the bag - HQ Shadow, Prism 4D, Flying Wings Soul Mid Vent, HQ Jive (1), Spiderkites Zodarion, 'Paw' modded HQ Maestro ll, HQ Delta Hawk.
zippy8
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2009, 05:03 PM »

HQ have always made good quality, mid range, mid price kites.

Agreed. But the Chrome seems to have ideas if not above its station then at least at a higher one than most of HQ's output. That $400 converts to around 280 at the moment and that is knocking on we-know-it's-expensive Cosmic TC territory and is more than the oh-so-interesting-to-oh-so-many-people Alphakites TNT (which is similarly framed) in their native land.

A bit puzzled.

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
Beachbum
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2009, 09:53 AM »

HQ have always made good quality, mid range, mid price kites.
Agreed. But the Chrome seems to have ideas if not above its station then at least at a higher one than most of HQ's output. That $400 converts to around 280€ at the moment and that is knocking on we-know-it's-expensive Cosmic TC territory and is more than the oh-so-interesting-to-oh-so-many-people Alphakites TNT (which is similarly framed) in their native land.

A bit puzzled.

Mike.

It seems that the 280 Euro price tag is becoming the norm over on that side of the pond.  The K2 costs a scant 289 and even the Eternity, with it's "build", was 250.

...I'm not even going to start with the Alphakite's pricing.
Kitelife
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2009, 07:18 PM »

Shame about the Yon, looks like an outright copy.

John Barresi
Editor/Publisher
Kitelife Magazine
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #35 on: December 27, 2009, 01:56 PM »

yep.....Con is not happy about it..................

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
Flying Fish
Trade Count: (+6)

« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2010, 12:27 AM »

Have just heard from Invento-HQ that they won't produce the Yon due to copyright issues. Guess Con's happier now!

Hadge

« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2010, 03:25 AM »

Have just heard from Invento-HQ that they won't produce the Yon due to copyright issues. Guess Con's happier now!

That's good to hear.

The new 2010 kites have arrived here in the UK. My Shadow is in the post!   Grin (139!!  Huh  a bit more than I expected)

Strangely,  the UK dealer is advertising all of the new 2010 range ( stunt kites) EXCEPT the Chrome!...they obviously realise the price is way too high.  I wonder if it will make the 2011 catalogue?

If anyone in the UK is looking for a good cheap allrounder, they are selling the old Jive at a very good price!

Age and cunning will always overcome youth and skill!

In the bag - HQ Shadow, Prism 4D, Flying Wings Soul Mid Vent, HQ Jive (1), Spiderkites Zodarion, 'Paw' modded HQ Maestro ll, HQ Delta Hawk.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document