GWTW Forum
October 02, 2014, 05:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SkyBurner Delta Drive  (Read 976 times)
Pepito
Trade Count: (0)

« on: December 19, 2009, 09:06 AM »

Anyone care to compare the Delta Drive with the Widow Maker or Nirvana/ Nirvana SE?  I'm curious about speed, pull, size of inputs and like that

Thanks
ET
Trade Count: (+16)

« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2009, 08:33 PM »

A few years back I had a Delta Drive and flew the crap out of it.  I no longer have the kite so I’m going off my memory. 

Compared to the N… DD is larger in size and framed in 5pt LE’s and LS’s.  Much stiffer frame and needed a bit more wind to get going.  Speed control is better on the N but the DD is no slouch and is much quieter in flight.  Pull is more on the N as well as size of inputs.  DD’s pull is reasonable for its size and inputs.  DD for a better use of word is ‘neutral” compared to the N.  A beginner would probably have a better feel with the DD over the N off the bat.  If anything… smooth in flight with respectable feedback on the lines with the DD.  WM has less pull over the DD, inputs about the same, can’t recall much about speed.
memphisflyer
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 03:34 PM »

About a year and a half ago I was considering purchasing a Delta Drive, I honestly think that kite has the best graphic design of all kites...Anyway I sent out a few IM's and from what I was told the Delta Drive is a good kite, but you have to take into consideration its an older model...I spoke to a seller who had the best price on the DD at the time and I asked him had he flown the kite before, his responses were convincing...I went on to inform him that I am an amatur flyer and most of my experience was with a QPro and other Prism kites...He went on to say that though both kites are about the same size they are totally different kites..In comparison to the QPro he said the DD will not track as well nor will Delta Drive give you the wind rage the QPro has but he said that maybe its because of the framing and the bridle is different, which would make since...He also said that the Delta Drive is capable of doing most modern tricks, but taking into consideration when the kite was made, it may not be as easy to pull off trick after trick like a Deep Space, Widow Maker or a Newer kite..So if you do get the Delta Drive please let me know what you liked/didn't like about the kite.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document