GWTW Forum
August 21, 2014, 08:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fearless VSW  (Read 1260 times)
Dolphinboy
Trade Count: (+15)

« on: December 21, 2009, 04:46 PM »

This is a picture of me earlier in the year when I went up in the Space Shuttle. When Lam found out I planned on stowing away, hitching a free ride on the Shuttle and flying in space, he didn't want anything to do with it "officially". But secretly and only late at night, he quietly built this custom Fearless designed to "fly" and "trick" using nothing but solar wind. I'm not sure what the heck he used for the sail material but in Earths atmosphere it was bright white. Once exposed to the solar winds it turned a vibrant hot pink.

I have to say it was the ultimate kite experience and I don't think I'll ever be able to top it, ever. I was so high on the experience words just can't describe it man. I recommend everyone give this a try, you won't regret it! (Send me a PM & I'll give you all of the details on how to pull it off)

The Fearless VSW (Vented Solar Wind) Specs =
First off, Lam said it uses a newly designed "rocket" bridle, something about a turbo not working in space. I don't know the difference, I just fly these things. Other than that & the super secret sail material, the specs are the same as the new vented Fearless. Build quality, of course, is flawless.

What about the flight report? Well what can I say? This thing tricks out of this world. One pop backspins FOREVER, almost like there wasn't any resistance at all! I could roll this baby up until I ran out of lines with one input! I could go on and on about the tricking virtues of the Fearless VSW but the bottom line on this baby is it's..... SWEET!!!!!!!!!

The only problem is the price is kind of high but what the hell, you only live once.

James -
Grants Pass, Oregon
A few kite videos YouTube / Vimeo (Yes, I am a Slacker)
Allen Carter
Board Moderator

« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2009, 06:48 PM »

That's Lam for ya, thinking outside the box. Standard weight frame for plenty of mass, but I bet it was still floaty as hell.

Allen, AKA kitehead
lasapcheong
Trade Count: (+2)

« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2009, 07:05 PM »

How does it comet? Easy to reverse? I guess 2 point landings must be a pain with this one.

-Darryl

"One day I'll learn to comete my quad and hover my dual-line for a minute anywhere in the window"
Kiting Below Horizons : http://www.youtube.com/user/cheongchunti
fworley
Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2009, 07:28 PM »

Tom's Bush is going to be soooo jealous ...

-Frazer
Dolphinboy

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2009, 08:37 PM »

That's Lam for ya, thinking outside the box. Standard weight frame for plenty of mass, but I bet it was still floaty as hell.

Floaty... yeah you could say that. I got carried away flying this thing!

James -
Grants Pass, Oregon
Dolphinboy

« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2009, 08:45 PM »

How does it comet? Easy to reverse? I guess 2 point landings must be a pain with this one.

-Darryl

Comets were in their element on the F VSW.

There were some drawbacks though. Vertical & horizontal slots were almost impossible to differentiate between and of course, there were no landings / tip stabs.

James -
Grants Pass, Oregon
ezme6
Trade Count: (+17)

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2009, 05:58 AM »

Tom's Bush is going to be soooo jealous ...

-Frazer

Flayer-
   I have been out testing the newest model, The Fearful....UDDC, unbelieveable under da sea action, in a 1mph current it can do anything. I am afraid of heights so this is more my style.... Cool

"Do what you like"
Kantaxel
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2009, 07:41 AM »

Are you all smokin' StarPots Christmas Blend?

I heard it was some REALLY good stuff!
 Tongue

Kant Fly......might just as well buy!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Untitled Document