GWTW Forum
November 26, 2014, 04:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Nirvana SE Standard vs Skyshark?  (Read 2477 times)
randyg
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2009, 07:46 PM »

I never asked Roger but I figured the Structil LE version was to hit a price point, or an attempt to counter the ever weakening dollar to Euro exchange rate which is hovering around 1.45 today. Huh

The Structil/Px00 combination has been used by R-Sky on the Opium, Frenezy, Hoby Sport, Frenezy Evolution, Krystal FX, Nirvana FX Sport, Nirvana FX Extend and now the base NSE version. At least those are the ones produced since I've been flying (and can remember Wink).

I've owned or flown R-Sky kites framed as such in all but the last two on the above list and I can say it's quite an effective framing option. The best of the bunch, that I've flown, is easily the KFX with the NFX and Opium not far behind. My opinion anyway. Kiss

Sonnenwind
Trade Count: (+1)

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2009, 07:02 AM »

Darry,

please keep in mind that the original Nirvana FE came in Skyshark P200/300 leading edges. Therefore I see the "Standard" version just as an cheaper, beginner model to win new customers that eventually switch to the better Skyshark version.

The Nirvana FE and SE are kites that really suits stiff framing unlike most other kites - like the CTC for example. Even the very stiff framing options like Icone or Aerostuff are very adequate for the Nirvana.

It may require a different technique to fly decent corners with such stiff spars, but as an intermediate pilot you will love the capabilities this framing will give you:
better input for tricks, higher wind range, better response for precision (bear the different technique in mind).

Malte
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change
skyshark

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

Cal Custom

Support the GWTW Forum