GWTW Forum
October 20, 2014, 01:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to: forum.gwtwkites@gmail.com

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Are these kites suitable  (Read 1039 times)
Little Al
Trade Count: (0)

« on: December 29, 2009, 04:00 AM »

Hi, new to this forum & have been away fom kiting for approx. 10 years.
 The kites I own at the moment are,
 Mullen Area51
 Airdynamics Darma prototype
 Matheson Aziza
 home built Flip Flop
 Kites Up Jeckel
 French made Reve`
 Neutrino
 My question is are the above kites suitable [If the flyer is skilled enough] of performing todays tricks either as they are or with mods. Ie. tail weights  modified bridles etc. I don`t want to have to spend $$$ if I can avoid as I don`t know how much flying time I`ll get but I would like to attempt the more up to date tricks Any advice would be very helpful    Al.
thief
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (+25)

« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 04:50 AM »

personally i would just go and have fun with those!!!!!!!!get back into flying again in general....no need to spend money if you do not want to....
and i am certain that there are some kites there that you would be able to trade for the newer tricking kites if you wanted...

got a folder of pix to share of these kites? would love to see them!

Kites kayaks & corgis again!!!
zippy8
Trade Count: (+13)

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2009, 05:20 AM »

Matheson Aziza

My question is are the above kites suitable [If the flyer is skilled enough] of performing todays tricks
If the kites/flyer aren't up to it then you could probably make a pretty good sell/trade deal for this particular kite to get something more current on the end of your lines.

You have some nice kites of their day and they'll be well capable of entertaining you today without modification, but some of the wrapped an' ripped moves aren't going to be handed out to you.

Mike.

Virtual Freestyle - ǝlʎʇsǝǝɹɟ lɐnʇɹıʌ
lilabner
Trade Count: (+14)

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2009, 05:41 AM »

I'm wit thief "i would just go and have fun with those!!!!!!!!"

Area 51 is still one of my fav's Tongue

Formally known as Abster
the*real*stoney
Trade Count: (+4)

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2009, 08:00 AM »

Short on disposable cash? Experiment with what you have. Check out your local hardware store and pick up a few nuts. place them at various points on the kite just to see the effect on the aerodynamics. Try to come up with a bridle that will allow you to fly a dual line kite with three lines. Teach yourself how to fly 3-D, how to fly with one hand, how fly to music, how to come up with a routine that relates to the subject of the music.

Kite flying is all about imagination anyway. 25 years ago (or so) Peter Powell came up with the crazy idea that 2 lines could be attached to a single line kite and he launched a whole new concept. 25 years later, we have people subsituting themselves for the frame of a kite and jumping off the tops of mountains.

There are very few concepts that are new to the sport but there are unlimited concepts that are new to you.  Stoney   
mikenchico
Board Moderator
Trade Count: (0)

« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2009, 02:26 PM »

Yep, get out & fly what you have, freshen up your skills, get the so called old school tricks those can do down, that'll keep you entertained for now. Hpefully you'll meet some other flyers along the way and can try out a few different kites so you'll have an idea of what you might want if or when you decide to expand your collection.

There's a swap meet area here on GWTW that you may not see until you get a few posts in, but should you decide to sell or trade any of those I think you'll find some anxious members in line for what you currently have.

"Living is easy with eyes closed, misunderstanding all you see" John W Lennon

"People do not quit playing because they grow old, they grow old because they quit playing" George Bernard Shaw
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

items purchased through the links below help support the forum

Cal Custom

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear below and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at bottom)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at advertise.gwtwkites@gmail.com for a quote.

kmacFab
kmacFab

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Kitebookie
Kitebookie.com

Untitled Document

Untitled Document
Untitled Document

A Wind Of Change