GWTW Forum
May 20, 2018, 12:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News: Issues? Questions?
   Home   Help Forum Info Login Register Chat  
Welcome to the GWTW Forum.
Guests (non-registered users) can view the forum but are unable to post.  If you don't have anything to say then why would you bother to register?
One of the most popular sections of the GWTW Forum has long been the Swap Meet.  A great place to sell old, seldom flown kites or to get great deals on used (gently flown) kites.  Only registered users can see the Swap Meet section, let alone wheel and deal.  1000's (literally) of kites have changed hands thanks to the Swap Meet.
There are several more benefits to being a registered user, but you'll have to join our little community to find out all the "secrets".
Questions or concerns? Contact Steve ... just drop an email to:

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: A few WOW notes for your New Year's enjoyment!  (Read 1912 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.
Trade Count: (0)
Offline Offline

Posts: 83

Location: Annapolis, MD

« on: December 29, 2009, 08:54 AM »

Howdy team! A few quick notes & reminders about up and coming events:

New Year's Day Foolish Hat Fly! We'll be at the Washington Monument, as usual. Weather looks questionable at this point, but what the heck! Let me point something out that the weather people rarely do: If there's a 40% chance of precipitation, that means there's a 60% chance there won't be any! Bundle up and come on out with your silliest hats!

First Sunday Fly at the Monument (forecast says cold & windy...just like we like it, right?)

January 23rd - Kite Making and Kite Repair Workshop (BACC, Crownsville, MD). Please be sure let me know soonest if you want a kit for the Gentle Giant Buka we'll be building!!

January 30th - WOW's Annual Dinner & Auction (Bethesda Presbyterian Church, Bethesda, MD). Everyone should have received an e-mail and/or snail mail invitation by now. REMEMBER: I need your RSVPs NO LATER THAN January 15th!!!

February 7th - First Sunday Fly

February 7th - Keystone Kiters Winter Retreat (Camp Hill, PA)

February 12th-15th - MKS Winter Retreat (Ellicott City, MD)

February 14th - RAF's "Leave Your Lover" Kite Fly (Dorey Park, Richmond, VA)
Also note, a bunch of indoor sessions will be coming up. So far I have reservations in at the BACC in Crownsville for February 20th and March 13th. These are the only Saturdays available in the weeks before the NASM. I will be working with the church to schedule a number of Sunday afternoons, as well. I'll pass along the full schedule and put them on the calendar as soon as I finalize the scheduling.

Let me take a moment to welcome our newest members, Kathy & Timothy Carr. Welcome aboard!

And one last note, it is time for our quarterly input for Kiting Magazine. I need to submit our information to the AKA Region 3 Director here in short order. If you have any noteworthy information, observations, or commentary from recent events, send them to me ASAP. I should get our input to Will on or around the 11th so he can meet his deadline to the magazine.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to:  

Support the GWTW Forum

Kite Classifieds Ad
Kite Classifieds

A Wind Of Change
A Wind Of Change

Fly Market

A Wind Of Change

Blue Moon
Blue Moon Kites

Our forum is made possible by the good folks whose ads appear above and by the members of our community (PayPal donation button at top)
In case you missed it each ad is linked to the sponsors web site.  So please, take a moment and visit our sponsors sites as this forum wouldn't be possible with out them.
Interested in running an ad for your business or kiting event?  Contact Steve at for a quote.

Cal Custom

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.8 | SMF © 2006-2008, Simple Machines LLC
SimplePortal 2.2.1 © 2008-2009
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!